[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My roommate is leaving me his dog for a week while he goes on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
My roommate is leaving me his dog for a week while he goes on vacation. The dog's grown up with me, she's sweet, but I'm admittedly not that great at this.

If she gets 3 walks and I feed/water her over that timespan on a regular schedule, she'll be okay, right? She's normally very sappy and likes a lot of attention and cuddles, which I'm not the best at. She also sleeps in his bed normally, but won't be able to sleep in mine, so I'm gonna kind of restrict her to her dog bed in the kitchen.

I guess what I'm asking is, how do I best not fuck this up while spending the least amount of time with her possible? I figured sitting at home with a nice wide open backyard and someone to feed her would be a lot better than him leaving her in a kennel for a week.
>>
It'll be better for the dog, but she'll still cry and whine at night. Nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>16943931
That all sounds fine, but ask about her normal care. What time is she walked and fed normally?

Just follow that, it's fine.

As for sleeping your solution is sbsurrly fine. She won't like it, but she's a dog. She'll be ok in the morning.
>>
>>16943979

She's fed and walked at times that are totally incongruent to my life, but luckily when she's fed she doesn't really eat all of it immediately, so as long as I fill up a bowl for her, she'll get around to it eventually.

She eats at like 1 PM and midnight (roommate works swing shift). Similarly, she's walked between 12-4 PM, and 1-3 AM. At least once a day, but twice a day 3-4 times a week, unless she gets to go to the park or something and have a big workout.
>>
What dog breed?
>>
>>16944006

She's mostly pitbull. She's an adoption, so there's no 100% certainty what she is.
>>
you'll probably be fine, but what you should worry about is the possibility of her having seperation anxiety and the negative behaviors that go along with it

how does she do when he's gone, maybe for a slightly longer period of time than normal?
>>
>>16944106

She does alright, I mean, over the years she's torn up a couple of things, but never anything major. She still struggles for attention when he's at work, but it could be worse. Normally his dad watches her when he's gone.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.