[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Planned Parenthood(STD testing)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: stars.jpg (249 KB, 1240x775) Image search: [Google]
stars.jpg
249 KB, 1240x775
I think I have a STD and I can't let my mom know. So I was planning on going to a planned parenthood clinic and getting tested. If any of you have been here before please tell me what to expect. Like what is the process like, what do they ask?
>>
>>16942930
They'll probably do a pelvic exam and tell you if there any obvious red flags they can tell you about right away. Then they'll probably stick a swab up your vag to get a sample of vajoogoo to test. It'll take about a week for the results to be in. If they call later than a week/never call it's probably good news but follow up to be sure. If they call back sooner then it's probably bad news
>>
>>16942930
And they'll ask general stuff... How long you've been sexually active, how many partners you've had, when you think you contracted the STD, stuff about your period
>>
>>16942944
When can they schedule you're next abortion.....you know the norm.

You could always just go to a normal gyn for a far higher quality of service.
>>
Can you be tested for a std while on your period?
>>
They can do blood tests (surringe-draw blood - test)
>>
>>16942930
When you go, they will have you fill out paper work. And the paperwork will even ask something like "Can we share the information of your exam with anyone?" And you check "no."

If you have income, I'd just mark that you have no income. I do this all the time so I don't have to pay for my birth control. I've been doing this for years, and I honestly don't even think they check it.

They give you a green card that you use to "pay" for the services.

They ask if you have any symptoms of STD's. Give them everything. They will test your pee and your blood. The test takes about two weeks to come back, but if they think they know what kind of STD you have, they will give you a broad-spectrum antibiotic for gonnerhea, syphillis, or chlamydia.

They may give you a pelvic exam to swab you. But you have to be over a certain age for this.

If your symptoms do not go away, come back.

They will call you or some planned parenthoods do online log ins to see your results through a website so they don't even have to call you.

Generally, expect to be there a couple hours. Service is slow usually.
>>
>>16942930
What's your symptoms? Are you a guy or girl? Gay or straight?
>>
>>16943807
Straight female.
Symptoms: vaginal irritation(burning, swelling), little discharge sometimes white and sometimes yellowish, very mild weird odor.
>>
>>16943819
It's probably thrush or a mild case of bacterial vaginosis. Look at this for a start and then thnk about why you believe you have an STD. If in any doubt then go get tested.

http://www.mckinley.illinois.edu/handouts/vaginal_discharge.html
>>
Bump
U
M
P
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.