[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been in a rut for the past two years or so. I am currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Happy-Sad-Frog-05.jpg (114 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
Happy-Sad-Frog-05.jpg
114 KB, 1252x1252
I've been in a rut for the past two years or so. I am currently halfway through my graduate program, but I haven't been feeling as motivated as I would like to. Don't get me wrong, I was excited to start graduate school, but the timing of life events have made this an experience quite difficult to succeed in.
I was dumped one week prior to starting my grad program after being in the relationship for six years because I was too quiet and introverted. I have been amicable with my ex since then, who has been suffering from depression for a while. I still have feelings towards him, but he doesn't. I also still harbor resentment after he cheated on me during the relationship. I tried my best to help restore the relationship following the incident, but with no avail.
I've been feeling quite lonely for last year or so, trying to foster friends and relationships that I lost during the last seven years. I want deep connections with people, but it has been quite difficult.
Most days than not I feel like I'm dragging my feet to get my life together and try to be more financially and emotionally independent. I know I need to reconnect with who I am since most of my identity was lost during those six years in my past relationship. However, it's been quite difficult for me.

Any advice in helping me get out of a rut?
>>
Smoke weed
>>
>>16942873

schedule the 'fun' as well as the work. most people sit down and write out a schedule and do all they need to do, then they just crash and relax. which is nice. but at least 1/3 of that time should go to doing something you really want to do. wehther its hanging out with friends, or going out or what have you.

also no matter how long the relationship you shouldnt let it effect your real life. make that your life lesson. no one cares if you got dumped. you get a 'day' to be mopey in the outside world. after that you gotta get back into it without skipping a beat.

the outside world cant pander to everyone who had a break up
>>
>>16942884
That scheduling bit might help. I just need to get my mind into being productive and actually do it. I'm easily distracted.
>>
>>16942884
Thanks for the suggestion, anon!
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.