[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just moaning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: Twinkie.jpg (27 KB, 480x307) Image search: [Google]
Twinkie.jpg
27 KB, 480x307
I work with my Mother. She's the boss. it wasn't a problem for 4 years, but now I think it's starting to be.

She recently left my Dad. My Dad had issues, he's kinda sad and doesn't do much. I worry whether it's time to start treating it as depression. Well, she left him partly because of this I suppose. Which I think I resent her for. I get the marriage was over, but I think it just would've been morally right to have helped him. I dunno. Instead she made a guy already kinda depressed even worse.

My 3 brothers still live at home (all in their 20s) and he basically cooks and cleans for them. They think they're supporting him I imagine, but I kind of think actually they need to move out so he can find his own life again and not just be a housemaid.

As for work. I used to be really good at compartmentalising her into Mum and boss. I think the line is finally starting to blur. I'm not sure if I'm pissed off because I disagree with her leadership or if I'm just pissed at her. Work's tough at the minute anyway, it's probably both. I think i should quit. She would never let me ascend too high in fear of working too closely with me (which I understand), but I've been successful enough to warrant better wages and a higher position. So maybe I need to find that elsewhere.

Been talking to my wife and friends about it for months and it isn't helping, so the next logical step, according to my whim, is fucking 4chan apparently.
>>
>I've been successful enough to warrant better wages and a higher position. So maybe I need to find that elsewhere.
That's it. The rest is just petty bitching.
>>
Figuring things out for yourself is the only freedom anyone really has.
>>
>>16942716

The whole thing is petty, that's for sure. Don't get me wrong, these are quibbles. Just ones I've been thinking about for a while.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.