[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw Finance degree >tfw I just want to be a fireman t.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1408543297950-559d0048a8f5a.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1408543297950-559d0048a8f5a.png
29 KB, 633x758
>tfw Finance degree
>tfw I just want to be a fireman

t. Pyromaniac. I'm that weird kid that loves burning stuff and staring at flames (or extinguishing them when they're out of control).

Is it a worthwhile career?
>>
You could look up more information about being a fireman in the Occupational outlook handbook. What would be he problem with volunteering at a fire station while working on your degree? You would have both experience and that degree under your belt. I'm pretty sure you could use that same degree in the occupation you want to work with. Do the research and talk to people who are working in the career you are interested in.
>>
>>16942245
>I'm that weird kid that loves burning stuff and staring at flames (or extinguishing them when they're out of control).

Jesus please don't be a fireman. Firemen that are actually obsessed with fire and putting out fires are the most obnoxious and dangerous firemen there are. They're like the cops that signed on because they are desperate to feel in control by carrying a badge and a gun.

Please light fires in your backyard and put those out, kthxbye
>>
>>16942276
What's wrong with picking a job you'd enjoy? Are the dudes that accidentally ended up in such a position better?
>>
most firefighters i've met seem to like their job. they're also pretty classless and dumb. and being a firefighter means spending 24 hours with a few of those people every other day or so.

also, shit doesn't burn as much as it used to. the only real fires left are in the wild. if you want structure fires, go to detroit. if you live in a rich area you'll see smoke maybe once per year.
>>
>>16942304
You're supposed to enjoy helping people. Enjoying putting out fires means you'll be the dick that ruins a property with 10 times the water you need because you're not about helping people, you're a kid that likes to play with fire.
>>
>>16942358
You are completely right. You surely can't get away with a multiplier of 10, especially if you're given proper training. With that in mind, I don't see why I'd be unfit for the job.

>>16942340
How classless/dumb are we talking about? I know the salary isn't spectacular compared to your typical Actuary, but it surely requires excellent communication/coordination/problem-solving/<insert-buzzword>?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.