[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to jail in three weeks, /adv/ I'd rather
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
I'm going to jail in three weeks, /adv/
I'd rather not give specifics, but I will say that I am unlikely to be out for over a decade, and where they're putting me is not "white collar". I haven't been in before, so I have no idea what to expect.

Have you been inside before, /adv/? What was it like? Do you feel that it did help rehabilitate you, or otherwise improve you as a person?
>>
>>16941346
What happened, OP? What did you do?

Also, how does the delay work? How are you not like, locked up right now?

Also, isn't jail for less than a year, and prison for longer than a year? A few of my friends say that jail isn't TERRIBLE but I don't think I know anybody that's been to prison.
>>
>>16941355
I would rather not say what I did.
I'm on bail at the moment, I have to report of my own accord within the timeframe they've given me.
And probably, I leave vocabulary to my lawyers.
>>
>>16941360
well then i'd rather not say what my time on the inside was like
>>
>>16941346
Dude you're gonna get buttfucked by a big hung black dude :/ and probably succumb to "the dreaded" as we called it in the joint (HIV).

I'd advise against visiting prison.
>>
>>16941360
You want input, give us output. Tell us what you did, you're anonymous on an image board.
>>
>>16941379
He probably raped a little girl.
>>
>>16941382
I did not rape a little girl.
I embezzled quite a lot of money from some people who have a little too much power with the judiciary, which kinda got me fucked. I can't give too many details, I'm technically violating a court order.
>>
Don't accept snack cakes
>>
>>16941390
retard

anyway what you want to do is

ALWAYS keep one eye over your shoulder
DO NOT accept anything from anyone
ALWAYS expect to be taken advantage of
KEEP your head down

if you remember these 4 things these should help prevent you from getting abused/taken advantage of/getting stabbed
>>
>>16941406
>>16941390
You see, if it wasn't for the rape remark he probably wouldn't have felt compelled to tell us all what really happened.
I think I deserve more praise, senpai.
>>
If you didn't hurt anyone, you're going to white collar prison.
Get a degree while you're in there
>>
watch some tony diaz, he went to jail, is a comedian and has all kind of stories that explain jail culture. You are going to have to adapt.

no personal experience so can't really add much, good luck senpai, and know that its gonna be alright.
>>
do you know which prison?
no details, just is it
Federal, State, or Private
>>
>>16941413
Good job, friend
>>
>>16941439
Club fed.
>>
>>16941346
Prepare your anus.
>>
>>16941492
>Club fed.

Federal prison is a country club, compared to State prisons.
>>
Not OP but what stops someone from going into hiding before they are taken to jail? Can't they just go to the middle of nowhere and camp out there for half a year, then pop out somewhere else as a completely different person?
>>
Get your Arse down the gym and start bulking up, quick.
With a bit of muscle on you your less likely to get jumped.
>>
>>16941346
make friends with jamal immediately even if it means giving up your backdoor once a month (or daily)

trust me you don't wanna get shanked with a pointy toothbrush and jamal can ensure that doesn't happen if you're his lover
>>
>>16941652

Living as a fugitive isn't easy.

As a fugitive, you can't contact anybody who even remotely knows you, and you have no access to your resources (bank, id, licenses)

How do you survive for an extended period of time with no friends or money, or the ability to get a job?

If you planned way in advance you might be able to do it, but normally it's not something you can setup when you're about to face the music.

Also, people kind of like living in society, not being willing to do your life means you are cutting yourself out of the system, for someone whose been living in the system their entire life it's not particularly easy.

Still, the saying goes:

If you can't do the time don't make the crime.

Good luck OP, the only advice I can give you is to try to improve yourself while behind bars. Read, work out, find stuff to do...you are going to be in there for 10 years, make sure you don't see it as losing a piece of your life and more as an opportunity to improve yourself in ways you wouldn't be able to on the outside.
>>
>>16941684
Well, I guess it's a tradeoff. I'd much rather live as a fugitive as I don't have any friends anyway or care about society much. Especially if the sentence is 10 whole years.
>>
>>16941723

You'd rather be homeless than to go to jail? Cause that's pretty much what you're signing up for.
>>
>>16941346
It's not gonna be great but as long as you aren't an idiot you should be fine. Never show any kind of weakness, find out which prisoner is the "leader" of your block and make nice with him. Help him out with shit and he'll take care of you.
>>
>>16941346

how would being locked up for 10 years 'rehabilitate' someone who did embezzling. yes you stole some money, but its not a rehabilitation issue, its a 'dont be stupid' issue. its not like you are going in some hardened fucking criminal who murdered a bitch.

you tricked some people out of money and got caught.
>>
>>16941652
>>16941684

its pretty easy if you are youngish and/or attractive

>run off to new city
>make a craigslist post looking for places to crash
>have sex with men for places to stay and/or money

its not so bad. you dont even have to bottom really.
>>
>>16941727

>homeless

not really. if you run off with at least 1000 bucks you can find a place to stay. its not easy or fun and you will be sharing rooms for quite a while, but you can find ways to make it work. might sleep on the street a few nights though.

especially with 4chan on your sid ethough its easy. i remember a thread abotu a runaway, and some guy let him come stay with him in la
>>
OP if you're going to prison heres some basic rules:

follow the rules. Ive seen retards getting charged for having paper over their lights

When someone is showing you the ropes, you have to catch on. they're not gonna be like "hey buddy u do this n this n this"

do not join a gang. you don't wanna get bossed around, right?

i don't know what prison you're going to but you should be fine. 10 years will fly by like nothing. the first 4-5 days are the toughest, as in, getting used to the program and learning to sleep on the matress they give you
>>
>>16941346

>jail

You'll be fine.

Now if you said prision, ID say post your body type.
>>
What's prison life like? Do you have to wake up and go to sleep at certain times? Do you have to do jobs? Share a cell?
>>
>>16941346
If you're going to do a decade in prison, why not run?

There are quite a few countries with no extradition.
>>
>>16943128

Can you just op to stay in your cell all day?
>>
If your a run of the mil criminal just be polite and work out. If you don't piss anyone off and don't arent that kid whoes always screamed "target me" you should just be ignored. If you did any crime related to children, keep you head down and try not to get beaten or killed to brutality.
>>
>>16943128
They tell you. You should get three meals, but 6pm and 7-9am can be a long stretch of time. Quality if food and how much control they have over you life varies. Some just give you a block of time for each activity, some have it charted out minute by minute. Just keep to yourself, don't be to friendly and don't try to be completely isolated. It's mostly just a bunch of tough dont give a shit guys who don't want to make things worse for themselves trying to pass time.
>>
>>16943235
No.
>>
>>16943265
>>16943267
Thanks. What's a typical day like?
>>
>>16943265
As a scrawny guy, how do I survive in prison?
>>
Watch lockup or 60 days in to get an idea what it's like. Don't snitch on people. Use your time to learn and better yourself.
>>
>>16943349
Is it like teen shock or are they just acting?
>>
>>16943360
Nah. As real as prison/ jail shows get. They have episodes all over the country, maybe even where you will end up.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.