[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So next Monday I can either start a job as a "logistics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1458275492354.png (93 KB, 426x332) Image search: [Google]
1458275492354.png
93 KB, 426x332
So next Monday I can either start a job as a "logistics coordinator," which essentially amounts to answering emails in a cubicle all day. This would be through a temp agency (contract to hire) and for $16/hr.

Or I can become a cars salesman. I never really considered sales before, but my buddy who works at the local Honda dealership told me i would make bank over there. He's shown me various commission checks (is the last two weeks he made $2200) and claims to have made $40,000 in the past 6 months. It's for commission only though, so no base salary. That's something I've never done before so it makes me a bit uneasy -- I need to pay rent and such so what if i make no money?

$16 an hour is more money than I've ever made (by a dollar) but I hate cubicle work. Maybe office work in general. Nothing makes me feel more like a robot than a lifeless environment like that. I'm a social fun-loving kind of guy so I think I'd enjoy sales much more. So I'm leaning towards car salesman... But it's certainly more risky but by and large I think I'd have much more fun there.

What do you think I should do, even though I've almost certainly made up my mind... Anyone have any sales horror stories? Working for just commission? Is it stressful? Does it make you want to hang yourself in the bathroom with a makeshift noose you crafted from your business casual slacks? Because that's what my last office job (which was essentially glorified data entry) made me want to do.
>>
>>16941281
Don't be a car salesman. Most of your pay is commission based and it's pretty cut-throat. Work isn't meant to be fun or liked. Take the stable job that pays well and is relaxing and easy as hell
>>
>>16941281
>Commission only

Noooooooooooooo. Unless you are really confident in selling to people and can handle potentially swindling people(even the most honest car salesman is still trying to fuck you a bit), you'll hate it AND you won't make any money.

Take the cubicle job.
>>
>>16941281
The cubicle job will destroy your soul. You'll have some officious twat breathing down your neck all the time, timing how long it takes you to go to the toilet, and all sorts of other stupid shit. It'll be an intense psychological sweatshop. For the sake of your sanity, do not do this. Don't even consider it.

If selling cars isn't something you can do then turn them both down.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.