[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hand goes 'numb' before depression hits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: Let's give him a hand.jpg (24 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Let's give him a hand.jpg
24 KB, 600x800
So, I've noticed this since I was about 14; Generally, a few hours before I'm hit with a wave of depression, one or both of my hands will go kind of numb.

It's similar to when you're leg falls asleep, except I can feel something pulsating through them, and usually they start to get very cold. Lately, it's been my left hand. When I was younger, I just thought it may have been the way I was lying on my couch or something, but a few years back I realized the connection. It's gone all the way up to my elbow, but usually it stays in my hands.

I've never gone to the doctor about it, for the same reason I've never asked to be put on medication for my depression; a mix of embarrassment and fear.. But, do you guys have any advice on it?
>>
>>16941115
honestly, see a doctor

neuro and psychiatric symptoms occurring together are not something to be nonchalant about.

Don't be embarrassed, doctors see much worse things on a daily basis, and they genuinely want to help, especially with proactive young patients who have a lot left to live for and haven't drank/smoke/eaten themselves to a life of chronic disease

t. junior doctor
>>
Probably a brain tumor
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.