[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would one go about getting a Christian girl? I have a friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 261x193
How would one go about getting a Christian girl? I have a friend who is super Christian, like not crazy but weekly church and that sort of thing, I'm a general heathen, and we get along well as friends but I get the feeling I like her more
>>
>>16941023
Yes
>>
>>16941023
Find out how Christian she wants her guys to be and whether she's willing to date a non-Christian. Then decide how Christian you're willing to get in order to get with her. If she really feels the need to date another Christian and you don't feel you can do that, then you shouldn't bother trying to date her because it's just not gonna work. However, if she's comfortable with a mutual respect of each other's beliefs, or if she's ok with you being heathen provided you go to church with her every now and then, then try asking her out and see where it goes.
>>
>>16941048
How would one go about being Christian? Like what do I have to do ? Seriously pretty heathen, I know nearly nothing about the religion other than world history, which doesn't paint it in the best of lights
>>
>>16941069
To actually convert? Or just learn more about it? Because those are two entirely different things.

To convert, you must accept Jesus Christ as your savior, understand and appreciate that he died on the cross to free you of eternal damnation for sinning. As long as you try to sin less, you're already on your way to heaven because of him. He did this out of love, and wants you to return this love and love his father as well. However, don't accept it and then denounce it, since I'm sure that's almost worst than actually just ignoring it.

To learn more about it, you could read the Bible; but remember, it's been translated through-out the ages in many languages and not everything is literal. When they say 'Great Beast', it could mean Large Beast, Good Beast, and the beast could be referring to an actual animal or a bad person. It's all up for interpretation since there is no original text, more or less. However, the cool thing is that, in general, the majority of these stories still make sense without this refined context. That also being said, the Lord used to be a lot more intervening in the past than he is now, on a large scale anyway.

There's a lot you can learn from a lot of places, but don't really listen to any of those biggoted sources that say everything is a sin and you're almost certain to go to hell. You're not if you try. A lot of stuff is a sin, but just try not to. And don't try to make anyone feel inferior for not sharing your beliefs. It's not your place to cast judgment on them, that is the Lord's duty. Christianity is about love between you and the Lord, and while he wants you to share that love, he doesn't want you to force people into it. Otherwise, he'd just make us all love him upon creation. Lead the Horse to water, and hope it drinks. That's all you can do. People all have their own beliefs.
>>
>>16941069
Reqd the Bible. Better yet, just read a children's bible storybook. That's all most Christians in the US ever have read.
>>
>>16941069
>>16941069
>>16941069

Realize premarital sex is a sin; are you sure you'd want to do this?
>>
>>16941106
What are the major sins? Is that like a big one or is it like mixing clothes fibers (that's a sin right?)
>>
>>16941122
From what I've been told, a lot of the old testament sins, excluding big things like the 10 commandments, aren't actually a big deal after Jesus' crucifixion. Which is why we're allowed to eat Shellfish and the like; though, I'm not 100% on that.
>>
>>16941122

It's a biggie, especially since it's mentioned by Paul of the New Testament, so it just isn't one of those old laws Christians are liberated from. Some ultra-liberal Christian sects may cast this law aside, but most Christians operate under that law.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.