[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to convince fam that not all people I talk to online are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
So I've always been talking to people online. Even in the days of UT04. I generally make friends anywhere I go in public, so it would be a given that I would make a decent connection with people online.

One of the groups I talk to, I've known them for about 5ish years. It prob has 200ish people but I only talk to like 10 of them. I don't talk about personal stuff with them, just light conversations (Video Games, TV shows, General stuff) and I prob would never meet them in public if given the offer.

My family thinks that I'm talking to Undercover Cops and "Predators". This is been a problem for a long time and I've just given up trying to defend my point and just say "Okay I'll lay back on talking to them" and just talking to them after work at night when everybody is asleep.

How do I go about fixing this. Do I just keep doing what I'm doing by talking to them after everybody is asleep or try to make a point?

>TL;DR Family thinks I'm talking to a bunch of Undercover Cops and Pedo's and I need to convince them that not all people are not Pedo's
>>
How old are you....?

Just lie. When I was younger I would just say they're from school. And if you're not in school just say its someone from work. Shouldn't be hard unless your family hardcore snoops or something.
>>
>>16940853
I'm 20 at the moment.
I'll be done with school in 1 semester and hopefully I'll be able to find a job and get a place of my own.
Its only my Mother is the one that freaks out. My Father and Older Sister acknowledge it but don't think much of it.
She sees it as a "invasion of privacy" more or less
>>
>>16940874
What are pedos going to do to you at 20 for Christ's sake? You are an adult you can make your own desicions online.
>>
>>16940884
Thats what I'm saying.
Thats where the "Undercover Cop" part comes into play to keep justifying shes right
>>
Go play the new UT brah
>>
>>16940920
is it really fun? I played 99 and 04 but ditched UT3 cause people said it's sub-par is this one really worth it?
>>
>>16940970
Well.. DESU, no, it's not :P it's still being developed and it's buggy, weapon balance is bad, movement is slow, etc. But still fun and the textured maps look gorgeous.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.