[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think my mom is trying to extort me for money. Greentext to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: N33hAtS.jpg.gif (2 MB, 230x357) Image search: [Google]
N33hAtS.jpg.gif
2 MB, 230x357
I think my mom is trying to extort me for money.
Greentext to shorten it:
>leave home to join military about a year ago
>everything going good
>mom talks to me every now and again, but always asks for money every time she talks to me
>gave her some at first, but now I'm starting to say no because I can't keep giving her money
>she flips out and threatens that she's gonna sell my car unless I give her money
>"wtf? no"
>I suggest that if she has problems with getting by with what she makes, then me feeding money into the problem isn't going to fix it
>suggest a budget, because I know she spends a lot of her money on cigarettes and soda
>she flips out
>says shit like "well dont bother paying for my funeral when I die"
>I say okay and hang up
>later leaves a message crying and trying to guilt me about how she bought me "that pikachu plushie" with her last dollar when I was an 8 y/o

Just some background, she wanted the money to reserve a parking space at some camp she was going to go to. Am I the asshole here? Because I don't feel like she is entitled to my money every time she asks, despite raising me. How do I go about this?
>>
File: OS9BW4t.jpg (54 KB, 539x894) Image search: [Google]
OS9BW4t.jpg
54 KB, 539x894
The sad thing about Moms is they're pretty crazy.

Mine coasted barely on $1,200/month with me growing up, when I moved out making almost triple what she made in my 18 years under her roof, along came the "I starved myself some days just so you can eat! I bought you that videogame with my only savings!"

That doesnt mean you owe her for anything.
>>
>>16940549
Bruh shes ur mom. Its ur duty to help her. Maybe talk to her about finances but dont straight up refuse
>>
>>16940549
She is your mother. She gave you life. Yes you owe here. I plan on bringing my parents into my house instead of letting them live in a nursing home. It's a natural reaction for parents to do what your mom is doing when their children are successful, but at first just appease her and she will calm down. I think she seeks reassurance that you care about her still through the money. May sound crazy but it's actually true that many mothers do this. And even if she is in it just for the money, she made sure from the time that you were a newborn baby that she fed you, changed diapers, clothed you and kept you safe. Bought you stuff your whole 18 years. You should be thankful. So yes I think you should give her some money when she asks
>>
>>16940579
I don't make enough to shell out hundreds of dollars to her every month. She asks almost every week for "80 bucks for this" or "50 bucks for that." I don't make that much money.
>>
Tell her youll give her car but lose something else and that is you.She wants to play that game right?
>>
>>16940549

If she decided to have a child despite not being in a position to support it financially, that is her fault not yours. Unless you were a real leech beyond what would have been expected of a normal child, I don't think you should be goaded into being guilt tripped. That said, she is your mother and that would be really unfortunate if your relationship with her was destroyed over this, especially given how trivial the thing is she wants the cash for. Don't give in, but do so tactfully and hopefully she will come around. If you give her money for this, she will probably continue to try getting some from you over equally silly things. One day something important will come up and that's when you can help her out.
>>
>>16940549
Can you just talk to her about this? Directly?

Keep in mind soda and cigs are addictions. Like... real addictions. Sweats. Nausea. Nightmares. Cravings... oh god the cravings.

So I approve of you getting your momma on a budget, but she's gotta say yes first. Help her say yes by being a strong, comforting man. I know you're annoyed and you have every right to be... but pretend like you're talking to your daughter.
>>
>>16940549
shes using you, you dont owe her
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.