[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to meet new people/make new friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: Chicago-Skyline.jpg (512 KB, 1600x1018) Image search: [Google]
Chicago-Skyline.jpg
512 KB, 1600x1018
Just moved to a new city, no job (yet), not in school, and I dont drink. where can I go to meet people and make friends? what do I say/do?
>>
>>16940419
Bribe someone to be your friend? Just kidding. That's a pretty tough situation to be in. You can try going to coffee shops and talking to people. Getting a job would be a massive help. If you have an environment where you are around one person for a long time eventually you'll become friends. And once you have one friend that's all you need to get the ball rolling
>>
>>16940419

several ways. pick a hobby and go to meetup.com just search all the categories and go. if you for any raeson think that you just wouldnt meet anyone there, YOU are the problem. you have to go out. dont dismiss an option until you go and hangout.

after that, hobby shops. what do you like? video games? books? movies? tv shows? board games? comics? guns? fishing supplies? pick something, then go to a store that sells that. wait in an aisle that particularly interests oyu, then wait. someone comes in, strike up conversation. not just people who look like friend material. anyone. cuz the more you talk to strangers, the more you get used to talking to strangers, and it will make talking to the people that do look like friend material easier.

conversations are simple
>at book store
>horror section
>someone comes in looking for a book
>'looking for something spooky?'
>'not really, i mean its technically horror, but i mostly read his work for the character development'
>'oh yeah, who you reading?'
>stephen king
>'oh yeah, my favorite was XX because YY. im lookiung for some ZZ though. have you checked out his book titled 'insert title here' ?
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.