[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anyone here who feels they are overall consistently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Is there anyone here who feels they are overall consistently happy?

I feel like I experience happy moments during about 5% of my waking life... rest of it is anxiety, boredom, sadness, regret... etc. I feel like feelings of happiness exist but are crowded out by everything else. I can love my life for a moment then want to kill myself in the next one.

I just wanna know if its possible to feel more happiness or if its normal to feel this way...
>>
>>16940411
A couple years ago I was trapped in a relationship and I felt just about the same. I wanted to end my life. I felt like nothing would ever get better.

Today I feel free. I feel happy. I'm not surrounded by millions of friends. I find happiness in seeing little bits of hope everyday. Find something you like everyday, and remind yourself that if you were dead, you could never see that thing.

The world is fucked up, and you may feel fucked up too. But just know you aren't alone. Stick around to find out what happens. If you end it, you'll never find out.

That's something you'll regret, anon.

I hope this helps you. Just know you aren't alone, and that one day you WILL find more happiness. That 5% will turn into a big percent.

Just wait.
>>
>>16940451
Thanks... theres just so much shit to sort out and its rough.
>>
Yes I feel happy most of the time but it's also overwhelming to be in a constant state of joy...I'm exhausted by laughing/smiling too much. No kidding.
>>
nah I'm happy most of the time

see, happiness is something that comes from within you. It doesn't come from your circumstances, from money or bitches or nice things. It comes from your own perspective on the world and the way you see yourself. Desire is the enemy of happiness, when you can simply exist in the world as it is, instead of how you wish it were, then happiness is always there.

>happiness isn't the end-all-be-all of life though, mind you
>>
>>16940411
happiness is subjective
i aim for contentedness, and i find myself disappointed much less frequently
>>
>>16940507
That sounds much more achievable at this point... I could make contentedness a goal.
>>
>>16940541
its been reasonably ok for me. that and reminding myself that things can always get much, much worse keeps me pretty level headed.
>>
>>16940411

I use to feel like you. 5% was an optimistic estimate.

but i made the decision to make life better.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.