[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop relying on others to feel content? I have few
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: orc.png (59 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
orc.png
59 KB, 400x250
How do I stop relying on others to feel content?

I have few friends, and a girl I'm sweet on. The friends and girl I only see during+inbetween classes for the most part and the girl I ask out every now and then, but aside from that I only ever hear from them if I hit them up myself. I can't always keep going on like that. I run out of things to say, but if I don't say anything I won't hear anything.
After a few days it makes me feel lonely and depressed. Everything feels like a chore and I can't get any shit done. Eventually I'll just dive into the texting app to update my last-seen time and see how social they are (always regularly updating and very recent). Yet in that one moment that my phone/text app does ring, it all vanishes. That barely happens, though.

I know it's bad to be so dependent, and if it got out to them I'd probably become even lonelier. How do I get over it? I don't have the time, space or money to pick up shit to keep my mind occupied (and it drifted off anyway with what I'd tried), so what else works?
>>
This is the part where I go "pls respond" and bump the thread back to a place someone might see it
>>
>>16939801
>How do I stop relying on others to feel content?
I don't think that's something anyone (maybe a therapist, but I doubt it) can help you with. You just have to find your own happiness.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.