[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is computer science a meme degree? Will I be replaced by Pajeets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: poo++.jpg (124 KB, 415x315) Image search: [Google]
poo++.jpg
124 KB, 415x315
Is computer science a meme degree?
Will I be replaced by Pajeets in the next decade?
What should i study instead? Any good software or tech/math or even science degree that will not implode in my lifetime?
>>
where are you taking cs classes that are just coding like yeah coding is stupid and easy it gets more complicated when it comes to algorithm and chip design quantum algorithms etc sounds like youre just dumb or not good at math
>>
>>16939636
not really. everything is up for grabs at this point bby.

even engineering is tied to projects which have small lifetimes after which you'll be forced to compete with the younger crowds once you're kicked out. the dirty little secret there being that being older does hurt your employment chances in engineering.

as for computer science, if you don't already have a background with computers(more than just knowing how to torrent btw) it will probably be a waste and you'll be lost the entire time. better to learn on your own before jumping into that else you'll just be missing out on valuable concepts while you learn how to even program.

serioulsy though most of STEM is a meme in regards to jobs but a bachelors is never a bad idea. just don't expect solid job prospects out of anything these days.
>>
You should expect global competition in the future in every industry, no more hiding in inefficient economies. If you're world class you can stay at the top.

Indian's do have their own software to program though. They have their own companies that will need their own enterprise software, apps, websites, embedded systems etc.

Companies have enough work, they have backlogs of work to do stretching back years. If that somehow got done there would be more projects thrown out. The systems designed in a way that pushes for constant progress.

Don't go for a paper pushing career that should be automated. Or a type of scientific field that can be done better by a different field. Apart from that do whatever.
>>
File: 1310497836236.png (386 KB, 667x670) Image search: [Google]
1310497836236.png
386 KB, 667x670
As a fellow superpooer: yes, you will be replaced by the stupid fucking shitskin in your office, because they work their asses off for nothing but to butter up their bosses. As a result, he hires more pajeets and before you know it your office is filled with shit and the whole town is tainted with the smell of feces from the parking lot of your office.

What I said was half true, half /pol/ memeing. I fucking hate how people of my race don't know when to stop, and us sensible people will be out of a job because of the dirty curryniggers. I like to have sanity for fucks sake, but the work ethic is too much for me to handle. Don't get into CS, you'll just ruin yourself.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.