[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /adv/ I'm a recent college grad with a bachelors in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1422487178613.jpg (79 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1422487178613.jpg
79 KB, 640x640
Hey, /adv/

I'm a recent college grad with a bachelors in business management. There are two options I can choose from right now, and I'm looking for some advice. I won't give specifics, but there are pros and cons to each.

1. Stay home with parents, running a business with no social life and nothing to do around the area.

>Living with parents, but free food and rent.
>No social life whatsoever.
>Repay student loans quicker, make more money, get a new car through the company.
>Gain business management experience

2. Move somewhere else, work an entry level job, be with friends in a place better suited to my lifestyle.

>Increased living expenses, rent, food, gas.
>Friends, social life, better area in general.
>Repay student loans more slowly, but trade off for a social life and better area.
>Gain experience at an entry level job making less money than at home.

tl;dr: Money or happiness? Should I move away and trade a higher income for a social life and better area?
>>
>>16939505

I choose #1.

Seems pretty dumb to gimp your career when you're just starting off.
>>
which job has better prospects? That's the sensible way to make your decision. Short-term money issues aside, that's what's going to give you the best benefit.

Happiness is not something that is produced by your external circumstances, it's something that comes from within. Social life, you can make that anywhere even if your area is pretty dead - you can still find shit if you try.
>>
I'm 25 years old and have a job making $54,000/yr and I live in my moms basement. It's just easier. She lives 15 min from where I work, and I don't pay for rent. I typically do buy all of my own groceries (although sometime she'll pick me up things at the store too) but i always cook my own food too. I'm saving a lot of money this way too which is nice. I've been doing this for 2 years now. And I have $72,000 in my savings account at the moment.

sure, I don't have a social life. Other than seeing friends maybe once a month. But social life isn't that important
>>
i did #1 and its not bad but it does become a sand trap. you get too comfortable and stop pushing yourself in other fields besides your work. all work and no play....
>>
option 1 but only till you have major bills paid. then option 2.

lets look at this the other way: you are still living with your parents at 25. its easier for you but not really hers. and lets say you want to bring other people home because you are getting some "cabin fever" from being in the basement
>moms place or yours?
dont stay there any longer than you have to. if you are 30 and still doing it, its just sad dude
>>
>>16939557

I'm this guy>>16939533

And I really don't care if I'm in her basement for 5 more years Tbh
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.