[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't Get a Job. Wat Do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1396200236642.png (227 KB, 710x904) Image search: [Google]
1396200236642.png
227 KB, 710x904
Why can't I get a fucking job? It's always "we're looking for someone with experience" even though it's all entry-level shit.

Craigslist emails, two temp agencies, just started with a local voc rehab program, nothing works.

Last week I had four interviews in a row for four different jobs. The security position hired another guy, and the people in charge of the $11/hr supermarket stock job are trying to avoid me.

Hell, the woman from the landscaping job told me I needed experience, even though she was willing to take me on without it. She was being sheepish throughout the phone call, going "yah, I'm sorry, I was wrong, but it was better to get someone with experience." I told her she wasted my time and that she was a piece of crap. Normally I wouldn't say that, but she was being shitty with me.

I just don't get why I'm employer repellent. I have a nice-looking resume with good names, I'm presentable, shave, dress nicely, arrive on time, all that jazz.

Right now I'm working a shitty 6-12 hour dishwashing gig that I promised myself I'd never do again after the last one laid me off. This week I work three hours. Whoopdie-doo.

I COULD do a trade, but none of it interests me, and even though trade workers apparently make a ton of money, they always look and dress poor. Hell, one time I visited a guy for an electrician apprenticeship, and on top of the usual "experience" talk, the guy's house was a mess with rusty old cars in his cracked, tiny driveway.

Fuck life.
>>
>>16939497
Dude lie on the resume half the time they don't even check and if they do boo hoo you lost the job u already didn't have
>>
you could work at the post office
>>
>>16939497
>I COULD do a trade
you fucking wish. even that is mangled with nepotism.
>>
I basically went what you went through a few years ago, had a shit dishwasher job and everything. I did decide to go with a trade though. Some of them look poor, but there are a lot of totally normal people there that basically went through the same thing. The ones that look gross are like that because they're white trash, money won't change things. There definitely is money in it though and I'm making way more than I ever imagined.
>>
>>16939517
>>16939527
My mom tried to convince me to do job corps, which would mean moving back in with her. I don't think it would be free for me anymore since I'm 24, but everytime we picked her up from there (she used to work for them until recently) I would just see the trashiest people, and I've heard it feels like a prison.

>>16939509
I'll look at this again.
>check
Nearest open position is a 40 minute drive. I share a car with my dad (semi-NEET, here), so it's a bit of an issue when there are transportation conflicts.
>>
>>16939545
I'm not American, what is job corps? Here you just go to college for trades
>>
>>16939574
government program to get the unemployed working decent skilled jobs.

like all govt programs it's shit.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.