[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I never had a job. I want to be an office worker. The idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: workplace.jpg (59 KB, 618x340) Image search: [Google]
workplace.jpg
59 KB, 618x340
I never had a job.

I want to be an office worker.

The idea of the job seems to be pleasant. Just sit in front of the computer the whole day doing repetitive work in an office in a tall building.

So my first question is what exactly do office workers do in their computers?

The second: what skills do employers seek from appliers?

Third question: if I ever apply to one of those jobs, with what kind of clothing do I go to the job interview?

I know the paying must not be high and I'll spend the whole day in an office but the idea seems fun.

What else do I need to know about this business?
>>
What should i major in for a decent paying (50000 - 70000 year) job in an office
>>
>>16939448
Thanks for trying to derail my thread.
>>
IT help desk
>>
>I want an office job because I'm lazy
Fuck off and die. I'm not helping you.
>>
>>16939455
meant for
>>16939448
>>
>>16939460

Uh. I'm not lazy.

If I was lazy I would not work at all.

I just like the big city and seeing tall skyscrapers, cars, lights, being in a suit or at least a plaid shirt, hearing the sounds of an office, taking the metro to work. Being in a room with a lot of different people yet not having to go trough the trouble of talking to them because I'm anti-social nerd. Etc.
>>
>>16939443
most of the time? facebook or solitare...

do a computer course, work in Information Technology 3x times the money as office workers and all your doing for your "office job" is mainly data entry. wear a suit to the interview and dont motormouth at the interview and you will pass.
>>
>>16939470
>data entry
What is that, exactly?
Also, I believe I'm a bit hardworking and follow rules. If I spend the whole day actually working instead of being on Facebook, do I get something like a promotion or a cool medal?
>>
>>16939443
Major in accounting every company in every country needs an accountant so you'll have limitless options and you'll do exactly what you described also you can make a killing if you play your cards right
>>
File: 1458385186968.jpg (61 KB, 410x427) Image search: [Google]
1458385186968.jpg
61 KB, 410x427
>>16939494
>you can make a killing if you play your cards right
What do you mean?
Are you saying I could make a lot of money if I play my cards right?
If yes, then what cards are these exactly?
>>
>>16939485
no medals, promos or rewards as such really its a boring as shit job.
data entry: as the name implies.

you get more money in IT as companies are screaming out for workers right now. and you can always find work.
>>
Your first job should really not be an office job.. Frankly, it feels to me like you just don't want to do real work.

Go work at McDonalds or in retail at least. Even retail is easy as shit, but at least it's not sitting at a computer.
>>
>>16939531
thanks for the help. i guess.
i live in a major south american city, pretty big metropolis and business heart of latin america, so i'm not sure if what you're saying in regards to IT applies to my region.
besides, i dont want to go to college.
>>
File: 1442136671219.jpg (325 KB, 780x2588) Image search: [Google]
1442136671219.jpg
325 KB, 780x2588
>>16939540
start with free online courses to teach you the basics of IT stuff like learning to write computer code. because once you can do that, it wont matter what region you are from. the world will be your oyster. so shuck it up lol
>>
>>16939583
Thanks.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.