[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buy the other half of the duplex?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: k.jpg (3 KB, 86x90) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
3 KB, 86x90
I live with my mom because it's cheap and she is disabled. The other half of the duplex is on sale; should I buy it?

What are the advantages/disadvantages of living directly next to (aka, attached to) your mom?

It is cheaper than renting to buy it

/adv/ please
>>
Buying things with money you don't have is almost never a good idea.
>>
>>16939398

So you want me to save up $100k USD ++ to buy a house?

Or rent and piss the money away?

Hmm

I already have more than enough in savings for the 10% down payment
>>
Watch "everybody hates Raymond" then realize your mom is disabled. Make decision for yourself from there
>>
>>16939413
go ahead, bury yourself in debt wagecuck i dont give a shit
>>
get your own house. your mom may be disabled but im sure there are even times you and her want a break from each other...
>>
How disabled is your mom, to what degree can she take care of herself? Also what is relationship like?
>>
>>16939445
You do realize that you can sell property even if you have a mortgage and then pay off what's left, right?
>>
>>16939649
You do realize you're arguing with someone who has never had substantial bills or any real world experience or responsibilities.
>>
>>16939690
This is a very good point.
>>
>>16939445
I like how NEET 1990's/2000
s spawn call people with an actual career "wagecucks"

Fucking late millennial human filth; I wish I could put all of you into extermination camps

>>16939453
this would be my own house, but I get your point

The benefits would be I could pay one internet bill for both side of the duplex, and I wouldn't need to buy a washer/dryer. Also, food costs would be significantly lower since we would pool food. I would just get the added privacy of owning my own side.

idk... there's definitely some 'cons'
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.