[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm increasingly worried about the direction of my future
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: teampic_working.jpg (356 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
teampic_working.jpg
356 KB, 1920x1280
I'm increasingly worried about the direction of my future as it pertains to work.

My job is in heavy demand, but I don't particularly like what I do. It doesn't allow for a lot of creative wiggle room, and I'm worried that the longer I stick with it, the more I'll be stuck with it in terms of what employers will see in me.

The thing that holds me back is that there isn't much else out there in my skillset that is going to pay comparably. My company has a reputation of being one of the better paying in the city, and at the very least, I like the people that I work with, and consider them capable and fun to be around. That said, morale is low and everyone wants to leave.

It seems like I'm trapped if I stay home. But, I don't want to move anywhere because I'd really struggle without my friends and family, and I already own a home here with amazing cost of living and all that jazz.

What can I do? How do I escape this trapped feeling? I don't want to do this for the next ~40 years of my life.
>>
Its never too late for education. Also what field of work is it so I can get my bearings.
>>
>>16939198

Digital Media Marketing.

I'm not even sure what kind of education I'd go get to drastically change my career path. And I don't think I could afford something entry level in another path anyways.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.