[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to call my baby Fantine. Is that too strange a name?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_nm8aqxuMSQ1rnbpd6o1_540.jpg (168 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nm8aqxuMSQ1rnbpd6o1_540.jpg
168 KB, 540x540
I want to call my baby Fantine. Is that too strange a name?
>>
which country do u live in?
>>
>>16939148
The UK.
>>
I can totally see elementary schoolers call her fartine.
>>
>>16939157
i guess it sounds foreign but i really don't see anything wrong with the name,
>>
You'll ruin a part of her life.
t. Person with weird name
>>
>>16939168
>>16939144
Or they'd call her Fanta.

It's not a horrifically strange name for a British girl, but there's SO MANY underused or interesting names for children that won't backfire anyway. Not everyone has to be (or really deserves to be) a Unity Valkyrie Mitford.
>>
>>16939168
Also very fun and witty adult people.
>>
>>16939157
i guess it sounds foreign but i really don't see anything wrong with the name,
>>
>>16939185
>not naming your child Dovahkiin or your son Fluttershy
They deserved it the moment they pooped themselves out their mom
>>
>>16939168
>>16939191
>Also very fun and witty adult people
Found the "reformed" bully.
>>16939184

That's the dumbest logic. Your kid will likely have hardship or get picked on even if you name them John Doe.

As long as you don't name a kid Sparklejizz Moondancer, what's gonna happen?
>>
>>16939513
Whenever someone asks me my name, I hand out my ID otherwise I have to spell it. Of course the children won't like whatever name you give them, but you could save them from a pain in the ass in the future by giving a PROPER name.
>>
I like it, but she will be called fanny as a nickname.
>>
>>16939144
To be honest I really like it even though it's pretty strange.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.