[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kicked out of a job because of not doing a tutorial.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg (141 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg
141 KB, 1000x750
Help me, /adv/.

I'm 19 and currently a full-time student in university and I applied for a job a few weeks ago. Because of the sudden increase in work for uni, I couldn't do a learning module for me to work on. I got kicked out of the job because of that, and my dad was the one to get me the job in the first place.

So, /adv/, tell me. Why is it so hard to balance school and work?
>>
It's not if you don't take on too much and know how to manage your time.
>>
Stop gaming.
>>
>>16939022

Was it a full time job? Honestly, it was one module, man. It's the middle of March. What could have possibly been so important at school that you couldn't have put it off for work?
>>
>>16939059
2 assignments and a quiz. There was a Light assignment I had to do on Tuesday, a French Composition on Thursday and I've recently finished an Excel coding assignment.
>>
>>16939035
Well, I gotta admit that I'm pretty addicted to a mobile game right now... I guess it's time to end it.
>>
>>16939091

That's two days out of a 7 day week. If I'm stretching on your Excel coding assignment, then maybe four. And that's assuming you spent YOUR ENTIRE DAY on 3 assignments. How long did you have to do the training?

This is something you're going to have to fix before you get to the workforce, man. If you think balancing life and work right now is hard, post-college is worse.
>>
>>16939103
I had 2 weeks to complete the training module before tomorrow, but the assignments were very time-consuming. Also, now my French course has gotten demanding now that I have to do another quiz this coming Thursday. These made me put the job training to the back of my head. Hopefully, I can apply to a summer job easily.
>>
>>16939125

You have 5 days to prepare for this quiz. How fucking demanding can it be? I don't get this. It's just a language class, and it's a quiz. Not a full exam, not a final, not a midterm, but a quiz.

You're making excuses. Really, really bad excuses. You need to sit down and admit that you fucked up, that you didn't prioritize, and commit to not letting that happen again. Instead of saying "b-b-but I had so much other work to do!"

You didn't. If I was your dad I'd be pissed.
>>
>>16939125
What was the job? How many hours a week was it? Were they aware you're also studying?
>>
>>16939136
It was a french composition quiz and it was 8% of my total mark
>>
>>16939140
It was a fast food job and they knew I was in school. I guess they didn't know that my workload suddenly increased.
>>
>>16939155

8% of your total grade isn't that much, dude. If you've been paying attention and going to class, you should be able to at least get a C without studying, more likely a B. How many hours did you spend preparing for this quiz?

>>16939174
You need to do some serious life reflection if you're getting fired from fast food jobs.
>>
>>16939195
doing the reflection right now. also, my teacher is doing things in a way that it confuses me a bit.
>>
>>16939206

Sorry if I'm being a dick - I just wish someone else had done the same for me in college. I'd have been 5 years ahead of my career if I had just done shit like go to class instead of hide in my room on 4chan.
>>
>>16939209
I see. Thank you very much for your advice. I swear, I'll take this into heart and fix my stupid self back into place.
>>
Develop priorities so doing the right thing will be effortless next time

Literally buck up, op. You're in (i assume) a real uni. At worst you are in the top 1/3 of society. You can afford to fuck up a lil. If you were a wagecuck you mught have missed your one shot though.
>>
Make a to-do list. Try Todoist, it's free and very simple, and you won't forget to do stuff. You can put the app on your phone too.
>>
>>16939234
MFW i dont have a phone
>>
>>16939236
You can access it on the web.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.