[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wrong friends or am I just full of shit, too?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 200_s.gif (55 KB, 474x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
55 KB, 474x200
(not native English speaking here)
My close friends don't have money, an income, a car and they are generally unsuccessful.
I'm more often annoyed when they tell me stories and stuff they gonna do. Am i like them, in a way? Do i have the wrong friends? Is it okay to think like that, or should the question alone show me, that there's something wrong?
>>
I am 24 years old and own a two-story house, have a lot of money and never worked a day in my life. My best friend lives in the poorest neighbourhood in my city and works with welding for, sometimes, minimum wage.

I could not ask for a better friend. Friendship is beyond that, if you are not shallow.
>>
>>16939045
inheritance?
>>
>>16939060
Parents who teach me home economy, years of saving allowance and self-control, which failed a few times. I write "Protect me from what I want" on every single thing I own that can be written on.
>>
>>16939010

I don't know, do you have an income, car, etc. yourself? If so, it doesn't mean you're like them, as long as you're not buying into their schemes about what they're "gonna do."

One of my best friends had all of the opportunity in the world - he's naturally super intelligent. His dad is an orthopedic surgeon. His mom is Hispanic. In high school he decided instead of using his smarts to succeed in school, he'd rather fall in with borderline gang members that just embraced him for his ethnicity and got him into a bunch of trouble. His whole adult life has been more about "hustlin" than getting a degree, doing something great...

The thing is, I still love the guy. I don't see him as much as I'd like, but there's not another person in my life that I know would jump in front of a bullet for me without a second thought. He and I are so close that all of his gang buddies love me, so it's kinda funny to see a bunch of black and Mexican dudes rolling 6 deep with a preppy white guy in the middle of the crowd. No one will fuck with me though.

I wish he did more with his life, but he's still a good friend.
>>
>>16939088
>>>16939010 (OP) (You)
>It doesn't mean you're like them, as long as you're not buying into their schemes about what they're "gonna do."

This makes sense, yes.
Thanks for your answer
>>
You can't soar with the Eagles if you fly with the crows.
>>
>>16939114
Great advice, except it doesn't apply to humans.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.