[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CS vs Engineering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Are CS jobs boring? I'm planning to major in either CS or Mechanical Engineering. However, as I am interested in both, I want whichever degree has more entertaining jobs. I hear software devs just sit and stare at code all day, but there are CADmonkeys in MechE who do the same thing.
>>
>jobs
>entertaining

if you haven't found your interest already you'll hate them both baka
>>
Both will be boring depending on where you work. Some software companies have a lot of freedom for you to get up and leave for whatever reason as long as you're meeting your quota
>>
>>16938525
You stare at code all day is true for the most part. But it is not boring. For me it is really a hobby, and i get paid to do it. Coding can be quite diverse. You can be making some fancy User experience, but at the sametime you can program some algorithm to determine something. Can you maybe go in detail what you expect from your job? Or specific questions about CS. Maybe I can help you.
>>
>>16938557

Programming algorithms sounds pretty dank, but guys who design framework in engineering also sounds pretty dank. I'm fucking stuck, mate. How's the salary of CS vs Mechanical Engineering? I'm scared that I'll get outsourced in CS.
>>
>>16938721
Outsourcing is only for standard programming task, stuff thats already been invented and done tons of time. For example basic authentication or webshop. You know stuff that doesnt really require any specific skills or thought process to solve the problem. Most outsourcing is: here a bunch of requirements and realise it. Also aslong you dont live some cheap country you wont be outsourced, if you do then dont try to get a job a company that does outsourcing.
Also programming is free, and there are plenty of online courses where you can start learning the basics. And orient on what kind of directions there are in CS.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.