[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lazy Uni friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1437318905094.jpg (93 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1437318905094.jpg
93 KB, 640x480
A good friend at Uni and I both do a few of the same subjects, he's a good guy only he's lazy as fuck and would rather play vidya than work on assignments/homework until the last minute.
Right now we have a coding assignment due tomorrow, which I've slaved away on all week to finish, while he played video games.
Now unsurprisingly he's having a lot of trouble completing it in one night and he's asking me to send him all my code.
I'm just ignoring him, because there's no way i'm doing this.

I can't help but feel like I might be a little bit of a shit friend for not wanting to do this, his attitude to work really pisses me off.

I'm thinking of just telling him how it is, he needs to get his shit together and stop fucking around, because i'm not going to carry him through our shared classes.

How do you deal with people like this?
>>
>>16937830
I think this situation is common in every students life. It depends on how close you are to him and how much you value his friendship. Try talking to him saying that it bothers you or go full cold turkey and don't give the code and after that find someone else for the assignment s
>>
>>16937830
Friendship is a give and take.

I'll assume you are first year, the question is could you see yourself in his position at some point down the line? At that point you may need his help in a similar situation.

I'd say it depends on him, if you wanna be friends with him, maybe help him out. Otherwise don't reply till the date is passed
>>
>>16937875
>>16937915

I should clarify these are individual assignments and he's in his final year and i'm in my second.
I'm glad to help when he needs it, if he's trying but having trouble. But when he puts in zero effort and then expects to be given everything at the last second that's where I draw a line.

I also don't want to get fucked by the teacher for him being caught plagiarizing .
>>
Nah man I get your perspective. Back in general physics we had this little group going on, the idea was to help people with physics homework. But it boiled down to 6, 7 of the 10 people spamming for copies of others work and never contributing. They werent even asking for help when that was the original intent.

Me and two others that I'm still friends with basically went fuck it and let them crash, they need to learn to study.
>>
>>16937932
Yeah fair enough then.

If he's final year, fuck that. This is the kind of thing first year I'd abide
>>
Are you me? I love my friends but they won't do their homework until the last minute, which sucks because we have a lot of things to do in groups. I'm still mad at them because I did literally everything for our latest presentation and I had a lower grade than them because they only learned their parts (that I wrote because they didn't do shit) whereas I had less time than them for my own part so I was nervous as fuck and being nervous during presentation means you get a lower grade. I decided to only do my own parts for next things to prepare in groups, too bad for them if they have nothing to say in front of the teachers next times.

Try to encourage him to do his own work and give him advice if you have enough time for that, but don't help him too much, you'll regret it, especially if he ends up getting a better grade than you.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.