[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do guys feel when their girlfriends mention their period?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1346799092591.jpg (67 KB, 426x341) Image search: [Google]
1346799092591.jpg
67 KB, 426x341
how do guys feel when their girlfriends mention their period? should i avoid trying to mention it when i can?

and what about other gross stuff like food poisoning, gassiness or diarrhoea?

i find this stuff so fucking embarrassing to mention to my bf. it's one of the top reasons why i try to eat clean and work out and be obsessively hygienic.

but god damn it, sometimes i want to eat kfc without worrying about it destroying my anus or breaking me out... it's especially bad since my boyfriend loves to eat out and i don't trust a lot of places.
>>
>>16937745
Depends on the guy. A rare minority are mature enough to take such news into consideration and act accordingly, as evidenced by your well founded paranoia. Either deal with how he handles it or move on.
>>
>>16937745
I dont really like hearing about it but if its relevant information letting me know so I can understand whats going on is fine

just say you're going through it but dont bring up details unless its relevant
>>
>>16937745
It never really bothered me when my gf would talk about it. I'd buy her pads and shit and I never had a problem with it. It's just something that needs to be dealt with. Sure it's gross but it's not like I'm touching it or anything.
>>
i just talked to my bf about periods the first time (dating since 4 months). i brought the topic up cause i was thinking about changing my birthcontrole and i think he should have a word in this decision too. i just tod him that my mens has been 14 days for the last few months and that this is annoying af. i didn't go into detail or whatever. but he's not that paranoid about it (we sometimes have period sex on my lighter days), so that might be a reason.
i don't see why i should talk about vomiting or diarrheas with him. if my stomach is upset i would probably just say that my tummy aches and i'm bloated. eating clean and stuff is good. but you are a human being. that includes morning-breath, razor-burns, seaty pitts and so on. aslong as you shower daily and take care of yourself, there's nothing he should be grossed out too much aslong as you don't have to MAKE it gross (picking your nose, cutting your toenails in front of him and so on.
>>
I watch my gf menstruate and poop
>>
>>16937751
>I dont really like hearing about it but if its relevant information letting me know so I can understand whats going on is fine

Absolutely this.

My girlfriend is very frank and open about whatever is going on, because she comes from a family of doctors. If she has a gross thing going on with her health/body, she lets me know so I don't try to put the moves on her, or to explain why she doesn't want to do x, y or z thing. I really appreciate her honesty. If some guy wretches at you being open about things (for a logical reason), then he's an immature faggot and you can do better.

Just don't be obnoxious and announce to the world you have your period, just for the sake of doing so.
>>
op here, thanks for your insights everyone.

sometimes i get cramps, pre-menstrual discharge, and other stuff that makes me not want to have sex even though i'm technically not on my period so it's tricky for me to explain to my bf without feeling like someone gross...

and my body, i guess because i'm used to eating clean, sometimes doesn't react well to fast food or junk food. so sometimes, i feel like i'm playing russian roulette with my bowel system... (kfc being the last thing that made me break in a fever and made me sit in the toilet for an hour)

so i feel it might be necessary to tell my bf if we eat out somewhere and i end up getting sick. (because, well, he would want sex afterwards too)
>>
>>16937745

As a guy, I like to know when you're on your period so I can have some explanation of why you might be moody, won't want to have sex, whatever.

How often do you get diarrhea though? Fuck, it might be time to see a doctor. Bring up that certain foods don't agree with you to him, but take some steps to fix it. I'd be annoyed as hell if my girlfriend couldn't eat anywhere because we had to eat "clean" all the time.
>>
Why would you want to be with a guy who can't handle the fact that girls have bodily functions just like guys do? Especially long term
>>
File: cover.jpg (91 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
91 KB, 800x800
If you sperg out about it, nearly everyone will at least silently pity your autism.

If you bring it up because it is relevant, plenty of men won't mind.

My gf suggested period sex and claims she was surprised I was down based on past relationships though so maybe i am assuming everyone is like me

Fuck it
>>
>>16939151
Not being comfortable with facts of life is basically not being emotionally mature past the "EWWWW GIRLS HAVE COOTIES" phase.

In my last relationship I knew her menstrual cycle better than she did.
>>
>>16937745
Back when I dated it we kept track of when it would hit, and what we would do when it would happen. I'd make sure we'd be really lowkey, or somewhere where she couldn't really move a lot or get easily uncomfortable. It also helped that she was on BC so when sex was about, we could plan on finishing where and stuff.

I think its one of those key communication things about a relationship as well. I would want to know if you are running late so we could go to cvs or rite aid to get plan B, or if we should start planning on possibly looking for clinics that do abortion.

I guess all and all, it doesn't bother me, if not I appreciate it. I don't think you should really feel embarassed anon, its normal and something you really can't help. I really think you shouldn't be so critical on where you eat and stuff. People shit and get upset stomachs, it happens, it sucks, but you know what things could be a lot worse.
>>
>>16939147
i have no clue when the diarrhea hits; like i said, it's like playing russian roulette with my bowel system. i think its because i haven't had greasy foods like that in a while that it puts my body into shock or something. if i continue to eat junk food, maybe it'll go away, but i'm also very paranoid about the body odor it gives off, my skin condition, my vaginal taste, getting fat, etc....

my mom is actually a nurse and she thinks it's a blessing since it forces me to eat healthy...

>>16939151
>>16939178
i guess that's true but then when i see posts like >>16937749 and >>16937751 it makes me realize that guys prefer not to hear about it if they can.

it doesnt help that in my first relationship (i was 21, he was 22) my bf at the time would make fun of me when i have my period and refuse to touch or kiss me. he'd also get angry if i got sick from the food we ate and i refuse sex later because i don't feel well. not sure if this is the majority attitude of men or if he's in the minority.

>>16939161
i think it's just you. period sex is considered pretty gross to most people i know....

>>16939179
thanks anon, i guess i know you're right but i just don't want my bf to think at the back of his head how it's gross... i mean it is, but it can't be helped....
>>
>>16939254
>it makes me realize that guys prefer not to hear about it if they can.
Yeah, and I imagine you'd prefer not to hear about a guy's shitting pattern either. Preferring not to hear about it doesn't mean that they can't handle it.

>it doesnt help that in my first relationship (i was 21, he was 22) my bf at the time would make fun of me when i have my period and refuse to touch or kiss me. he'd also get angry if i got sick from the food we ate and i refuse sex later because i don't feel well. not sure if this is the majority attitude of men or if he's in the minority.
No, it doesn't help, but are you going to let this one experience define what you do for the rest of your life? The guy was an asshole, move on. It doesn't matter whether guys like him in the majority or the minority, find a guy who is comfortable with what you're comfortable with.
>>
>>16939254

If your worried about offending him or grossing him out, you may want to reconsider who you are going out. Its a humanly thing that happens, and its not so much gross, so much as its a minor inconvenience of life.
>>
>>16939151
a million times this

I've been with my bf for 10 years and he knows everything (even more so after we moved in together). it's just natural, I think. If I'm not feeling well, be it diarrhea or allergies, I'll tell him and he does the same. he's supposed to be your partner, help you out with stuff, even if you just need to vent about the terrible farts kfc gave you, just laugh it out.

if he wants to have sex and I'm not feeling super confident because of some pre-menstrual discharge I just say I want to take a shower before, I'll tell him why if he asks and it's no big deal at all

period was never an issue either, sure he doesn't like the smell of it and won't go down on me but it's just blood, it's not dirty or anything (plus period sex is great)

you're human op, your bf needs to be mature enough to understand that. anyone who doesn't put up with that kind of silly stuff is not worth imo. can you imagine being married with someone, what would you do? wake up 10 minutes early to shower and brush your teeth just to kiss him good morning? that shit is not healthy at all
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.