[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Netflix supervisor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
My supervisor watches Netflix for extended periods of time almost every workday. He then distributes his workload among others. How can we curb this behavior?
>>
kill him and his family
>>
File: FB_IMG_1458352386444.jpg (44 KB, 773x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1458352386444.jpg
44 KB, 773x960
Can't do that. Also, going to his boss would only get us all in trouble.
>>
>>16936877
why?
>>
Big boss is too busy to see what really goes on. We fear retaliation from supervisor if we tell big boss about all the Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube that goes on.
>>
then what the fuck do you want me to do about it if you're too much of a coward to go to his manager
>>
Is there a reason why you care? You're there to do work, get paid and GTFO. Is it fair that he gets to watch TV while you and the other idiots have to do the shit? No, but that's life. I wouldn't go rocking the boat just because I was jelly.

Of course, on the other hand, if you're being overloaded because of his shit, you may want to consider other options.
>>
Discreetly film this happening for several days. Create a high-speed montage of it. Send to higher ups anonymously w/ throwaway email.
>>
>>16936927
This was going to be my advice.

Include a clear time using a watch or something in your shots so the total wasted time can be clearly seen.
>>
Thing is we are all overloaded as it is. He's supposed to be our fallback guy, but he's too busy watching shows to care, and we keep dropping calls because of it. He's quick to yell about how we keep dropping calls, even though he does nothing to prevent it. Also, there's only about ten of us, so even an anonymous email would probably get the whole group into hot water.
>>
Also, we're already on camera at all times... so how do I get big boss to look at the footage?
>>
Have you confronted him about it? Be like 'Hey I'm pretty busy here, and since you have time could you help me out with this stuff?'

If he doesn't help or do anything, do what
>>16936927
>>16936955
said. Make sure to tally the time he spends wasting over two weeks or so, then send that to his boss (who should know his income and therefore wasted money).
>>
How big of a company do you work for?

If it's big, there's probably a HR department you can report this to (and the usually have a 'no retaliation' policy for whistleblowing, but you should obviously check first).
>>
We have confronted him about it a few times. He always gives a nasty attitude, but he helps minimally for about ten minutes. Then he finds an excuse to leave the department momentarily.
>>
The entire company is 100 or less people. We're a subcontractor for a larger company. I already looked into HR, apparently we have none.
>>
>>16936834
You don't. He's your supervisor and you are the victim of a workplace structure that seems to think it requires supervision. As long as he's meeting whatever "requirements" exist of his job, he's fine.

I've had a job at a diesel repair business for a long time, My responsibilities used to include a lot of physical labor, until I streamlined the business by going digital on all paperwork and inventory. Now my job is exclusively managing the "computer" side of things because none of the baby boomers at the business know how to work a mouse and a keyboard. This basically means that every week, I can spend 99% of my time doing jack shit, as long as I make sure the bills are compiled by the end of the month.

Work smarter, not harder.
>>
>>16936834

Ever talked to someone higher up? That might be a good idea.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.