[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I forget her? We were never in a relationship and she
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: forghetti.jpg (47 KB, 639x347) Image search: [Google]
forghetti.jpg
47 KB, 639x347
How do I forget her?

We were never in a relationship and she made it abundantly clear she did not like me in that way. For example, I see her openly crushing on a friend of mine (significantly more handsome than I, but taken), and being very social with him even though he doesn't reciprocate. I also see her scoping out one of her friends and acting similarly around him (they probably were or close to a relationship). Knowing how she is like around friends she seems to be attracted to it's clear she doesn't see me that way.

I also feel like I am making this worse by being accidentally creepy around her. I don't do weird shit like sniff her chair or try to get a whiff of her hair, but I find myself staring at her sometimes. Or subconsciously sitting in close proximity near her and then proceeding to do nothing because she is either with her best friend chatting away or I cant think of anything to say that won't come out as awkward.

But I just cant seem to shake her. I can't just cut her off, I have to work with her (albeit in a large group). It's really interrupting my mental focus within the group.

I have already accepted the fact we won't be together because we are just clashing personalities. How do I rid her from my mind?
>>
bump desu
>>
Ask yourself one question:

Am i worth being third place?
Am i worthy of having a reciprocal girl, one who also loves me for me? Once you answer that question with a healthy and confident yes, you will naturally start to move away from her.

If you're answer is no, continue to ask yourself why am i not worth a reciprocal relationship, unearthing core issues in your self esteem, continue this line of thinking untill you start to discover your healthy self esteem and take action.

And trust me Anon, you are worth it! She aint.
>>
>>16936718
You are not now, and never have been in love with her.

You have been in love with the fantasy of her.

You don't know her. You have no connection to her. You have no real idea what she is like inside. All you know is that you saw a pretty girl one day and decided to fixate on that external package.

For all you know, if you DID catch her and get to know her, you might discover that she's a total bitch or total airhead or total crazy.
>>
>>16936718
All I can say to this is that your assumptions about her behaviour with other people do not clarify anything except your perception of the situation, if she is being friendly or responsive to someone else, does not mean she wants to sleep with them necessarily at all
Clarification from each other sounds like what is needed
>>
>>16938048
And if you're not comfortable with her behaviour because you are interested, perhaps you need to make that clearer and define expectations from the relationship if there is one
>>
>>16936718
It's infatuation bro, absolutely nothing more. It still staggers me when anons think it's more despite knowing next to nothing about the person in question.
>>
Infatuation can develop into full-blown love though

Come on
It can last forever!
>>
>>16938067
Exactly and it can even end up on the news as a murder-suicide...

OP just get on with your life.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.