[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I take more than recommended ADHD prescription?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 640x640
I recently got prescribed medicine for ADHD (Ritalin) in the last 2 days I've taken about 6 pills, which is quite a lot when I'm supposed to take just one a day.

I went out yesterday and socialized with my friends and had such a great time, and felt like I was accepted by so many people, and the people who rejected me, even if it was something small, I brushed it off.

I haven't felt like this... Well, ever.

I'm worried I'm becoming dependent on the drug. I feel that I can get a prescription for double or triple my current dose because I really do have bad ADHD and all the Comorbid symptoms like depression and anxiety and have been having panic attacks whenever I'm in a room with a majority of people that I don't know. This has been going on for years.

Am I being irrational in using this drug to fix these problems? I'm sure I can convince a doctor to give me the exact dosage I'll need, but until then, should i just be taking a bunch to feel great?

From my perspective I've been fighting for years to overcome what I thought was a personal defect. I've been unable to talk to people for months at a time due to anxiety, depression and isolation. I've seen peers wholly enjoy their lives with their friends and succeed while I haven't been able to do much because there's a literal problem with my brain and neurology, one that I can't completely fix.

I've tried therapy, CBT, meditation, exposure therapy and a bunch of other stuff. I've radically changed who I am because my negative symptoms have become the core of my life and it sucks.

When I finally tasted that sweet social freedom, where I was relaxed, carefree, and it wasn't a Herculean effort, I can't help but fantasize about what taking more of this drug will help me do.

I came to ask for a second opinion because maybe I'm being irrational.

Thanks.
>>
Ritalin is a stimulant, the dose your doctor perscribed is enough, if you have social anxiety bring that up with your GP, do not self medicate.
>>
It's called being high on a stimulant tard, it won't change your personality.
>>
>>16936641

I felt the same way. Trust me, you don't want to use them in this way.

Eventually it will work less and less, you will hurt your liver/kidneys and you will be even more of a social mess once you stop taking it.
>>
You used a recreational dose of Ritalin instead of a medicinal dose dummy.
>>
>>16936641

Basically it increases your focus. You are able to listen intently on what people are telling you and your brain can process this into useful information.

For me it caused me to crave information. There were still social anxiety fears, however they were dwarfed by my intense curiousity and desire to pick apart the details of what I am engaged in. If I was reading a book or studying it helped immensely. If I went to a party with a bunch of people I never met then I was really interested in talking to them and finding out more about them.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.