[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A person of my own race (Brazilian) told me no matter how hard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 1242x1239) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 1242x1239
A person of my own race (Brazilian) told me no matter how hard I try, I won't look as good as a white person. He said this as a joke but obviously he wouldn't joke about it if he didn't really feel that way.

As everyone knows, the standard of beauty in America is white and effects other countries as well. So his joke is, well, true.

It really angers me he said this because he is the same race as I am, putting me down, and calling his own race inferior, him included.
I've been insulted by white people before, but never a person of my own actual race. It's a shitty feeling. It makes me feel so depressed. Anyone else been insulted by a person of their own race before? I'm guessing it doesn't happen often. Even if other people feel the same way as he does, most people aren't pathetic enough to admit they're inferior out loud.

How can I stop being depressed over what a self-hating prick said, especially when what he said to me is true?
>>
>>16936585

By realizing it isn't true?

It isn't true.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are ugly dark skinned people. There are beautiful dark skinned people. There are ugly whites, there are beautiful whites. There are ugly white skinned people that have a partner who thinks they are amazing.
>>
>>16936600
The standard of beauty in America is white.

I'm not saying it's moral, but this is the circumstance. "White" is the standard. People who aren't white can be beautiful too. But a beautiful white person is considered the greatest beauty.
>>
>>16936585
>the standard of beauty in the world is white
Ftfy
>>
>>16936611
agreed. Which is why I followed it up with "affects other countries"
>>
It's not true and that's just some shit unaccomplished white people say to hold on to societal superiority.
>>
>>16936623
Not sure if serious,

White is the standard of beauty in America and other countries that America affects, it's a global standard of beauty. Look it up if you don't believe me or doubt me.
>>
>>16936585
Dude, brazillian is not a race. Do you mean pardo? I am a brazillian pardo, too, and I never really felt any negative impact because of it. I mean, I'm almost a kv, but that's probably due to spending my whole teen years on 4chan and not developing social abilities than due to not being white. But being white would have helped kek.

Anyways, don't sweat it too much, it won't effect you as much as you think it will. Just keep living your life and don't give two fucks about what other people think. If someone doesn't want anything with you based on your race, you'll have automatically dodged a bullet, so it saves you some work.
>>
>>16936585
Everyone keeps calling me an uncle tom, "white", and a race traitor since I was in elementary.

You'll get used to it after a while but women of all races will avoid you like the plague.
>>
>>16936637
Just look at TV shows, movies, most modeling agencies, Disney, commercials.
>>
>>16936711
Exactly.

I'm just angry that the person who made the racist comment is Brazilian just like me. He fucking insulted himself too, by saying it.
>>
It's actually totally true.

In America at least, you might get confused for Mexican and that automatically takes you down 2 points.

There's not even such a thing as Latin fetishists like there are for Black or Asian men. Along with Indians, Latinos are among the most undesirable unless you're blessed enough to have prevalent European features and fair skin. Your best bet is to go to your home country and pick up a woman who hasn't been polluted by Western beauty standards.
>>
>>16936642
this, dont worry about it brazillian guys are usually cute
>>
>>16936740
Nope. Asian men are the lowest.

Even Asian women don't want Asian men. That's what all my "Asian" friends tell me that are girls. They like white cock for some reason.
>>
>>16936753
You have no clue how many weaboos are out there man. Go to /int/ culture pals general thread. There's literally people who would create fake, stereotypically ugly 4/10 Asian males, and they just say they're Korean and get instant nudes.
>>
I second the brazilian guy.
Beauty standarts have nothing to do with race, every people like different things, including appearance and personal traits. So if you met someone who shut you down for your race, rather than your thoughs, kick her out and you'l miss nothing.
>>
i think youre upset and projecting because you know its true what is your friend supposed to do lie?
>>
>>16936734
its not racist if its true
>>
>>16936835
I'm not projecting? I'm angry at the person who said it because he's putting himself down and embarassing the both of us. I would rather a white say it to me. But a white person didn't say it to me, it was a Brazilian who said it.

You aren't supposed to put down your OWN race even though white people are the superior race.
>>
>>16936846
>>16936860
op already knows it's true. Quit being angry Saturday night 4-channers who don't have lives.
Everybody already knows white people are the best.
At least leave helpful advice for op.
>>
>>16936835
Op already knows white ppl are the best, you silly, angry Saturday night 4-channer
>>
>>16936773
"And get instant nudes"
LOL

I'm sorry your a typical, never gets laid in real life 4chan loser lmao.

LOL, nudes.... Have you ever had sex in real life? Guys that aren't loser virgins talk about sex, not getting nudes brah.
>>
Unpopular Opinion

When a people rely on physical strength to survive, they will sexually select for it. When a civilization is able to flourish without the majority of the population doing physical labor, we start to select for other qualities, notably the ones that are made popular in our society by media. The current trend is gym bods and symmetrical faces. 60 years ago it was having a trim/thin body and symmetrical face.

White people have made some up and down progress in attaining a comfortable, non-physical lifestyle. In the absence of a need for strength, we've been selecting for beauty on and off for several thousand years.

Black people and South Americans only recently 'came online' economically. They were working in small villages and tribes, roughing it, for much longer than the people in Europe. They've been selecting for strength for longer. Black people have a longer, more supple Achilles tendon. They're able to jump higher and run faster. They were selectively bred for strength by slave owners for a long time.

White people are perceived as more beautiful than other races (in general, not saying everyone feels this way). This is in part because they are physically more symmetrical in the face, and partly because the media continues to propagate the idea, in effect brainwashing the general population.

It's not racist to say these things- they're based on fact. It's an uncomfortable truth; the world is not as fair as we'd all like it to be.
>>
>>16936920
White people are not more symmetrical in the race.

The golden ratio is a flawed system based off of white people and not people of color.

Whites are considered more attractive because the majority of people in America are white and because America has great influential power, the white beauty standards became global.

So you're half incorrect. Next time, think before typing.
>>
>>16936945
someone's obviously not white and also butthurt

https://www.google.com/search?q=albino+black+people&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwir34KYuc7LAhWHKx4KHXcPBjoQ_AUIBygB&biw=1365&bih=724
>>
>>16936959
I am white. Scottish and German with some Irish.

I'm telling you why whites are attractive. It has nothing to do with face symmetry. It's because the majority of ppl in America are white and the majority of ppl in the media are white and we gave birth to the white standards of beauty.
>>
This just sounds like an excuse, OP.
>>
There's no such thing as a brazilian race.
brazil broke off of africa thousands of years ago
and floated to where it is now. you're african-south-american
>>
Being white pretty much is the holy grail of races. Doesn't mean you can't do the best you can with what you got.
>>
>>16936585
The standard of beauty isn't white.

It's having white features.

You can be black, but if you have white features, you're good.

Essentially, you have to do your best not to look like a gorilla, which black people tend to look like.

Hopefully you don't look too much like an ape, OP, but you have like a 50% chance of that coming from Brazil.
>>
brazilian is not a race
>>
>>16936585
I can't tell if this post is fake or not.
>>
I've never understood this. I'm white, and I feel when I look into the crowd for "white people" I just see fat, ugly, pink people.

The 'pretty' white people are just white people who have awesome skin (along with good facial features and not being fat) -- and believe me that's not too many white people. There are indeed beautiful white people, but people are not simply good looking or better looking than another race because they are white.

People of other races really need to stand up for themselves, particularly the pretty ones. I've met so many non-white people that are considered 'white' because they are beautiful/handsome/whatever (even if they're pretty dark skinned -- they're just considered "tan"), but they never correct people. And they often add in to the conversation of putting their own 'race' down much like your 'friend'. IMO, this is what keeps the stereotype going, along with the world looking at the US for beauty standards.

That all being said, OP, if you're ugly, then you are ugly. But it doesn't have anything to do with you being Brazilian. You got a shitty hand of genes, but there are plenty of Brazilians out there who are smoking hot. I always considered Brazilians (both men and women) to be generally pretty hot. I always thought that was the stereotype.

>>16936959
While I agree with your idea that the media has a large hand in what is considered "beautiful", your assertion that white people are more facially symmetrical is completely false. Your google search on "albino black people" doesn't really support your case at all, so idk what you were doing there.

Also, selecting for facial symmetry is always in vogue in all cultures because it is instinctive to the human race. It is hypothesized this is because facial symmetry (and overall body symmetry) is a sign of health and lack of disease.
>>
>>16937122
>The standard of beauty isn't white.
>It's having white features.

You know, I've always wondered about this. I feel like I see "white features" more often in other races than I do in whites. Is it possible we just ascribe all nice features to as "white features" and say it's an anomaly when someone non-white has them?
>>
File: queenelizabethcrown.jpg (27 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
queenelizabethcrown.jpg
27 KB, 620x350
>>16937223
brits will bang anything. they colonized all over the world. you have your brit-abos down under.
brit-anese all over asia. brit-fricans are those light brownies, like obama. they take after their mumm

there are a lot of white people with bad features out there
>>
Ooookay now! What white person likes being pale? Look at all of these "white folk" with their self tanning lotions and boxes they throw themselves into to get burnt!!!!
What white person that wants to be pretty stays white!?

(lol. Sorry, old ass white girl here. But true fact. If I wasn't allergic to UV, I'd be in that box for a tan too! ;) Generationally and Racially speaking, we all like someone with a bit of color to them. "Tall, DARK, and handsome". But you don't NEED to be tall if you have a tall personality ;)
>>
File: 1454355334944.webm (2 MB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
1454355334944.webm
2 MB, 1000x562
you think white people are beautiful?
mate come here to america and you will see that these women are nothing to brag about.

every race has their 10/10 girls.
>>
>>16937317
>every race has their 10/10 girls.
Except for niggers

White
Chinks
Hispanics
And the very rare half white sand nigger

The rest are all mixed and shit or ugly as fuck.
>>
>>16937122
The standard of beauty IS white.

You can be an attractive black person with white features but an attractive white person will always globally considered better looking because of western beauty standards.

AND no I'm not even white.
>>
>>16937261
>>16937317

Op is not talking about unattractive white people. He's talking about the attractive white people who are fit and aesthetic. Especially the ones with lighter eyes, it's like being considered "perfect". They are considered the "beautiful whites"

-white person with brown eyes.
>>
>>16936585
The Bible says we are all of one blood, descendants of Noah
>>
>>16937589
The bible is a load of crap.
>>
>>16936585
>tfw I'm brazilian, white, italian
>and I like mostly mixed race or black women
>>
>>16936835
>lie
Why did his friend even say it in the first place?
>>
lol. brazilians can be absolutely gorgeous.
>>
>>16938478
Nobody is saying other races aren't attractive.

Op is saying the truth. No matter how attractive he is, he doesn't feel good enough because according to the media, a handsome white guy will beat him when it comes to other people deciding who is the better looking one.
>>
Op here, so how do I get over what he said to me? It's worse than a white person saying it to me.
>>
>>16938674
well the problem is its true so you just have to work around it i guess?
>>
>>16936585
Who you calling gay?
>>
>>16938685
Yeah Idk how to. I mean, a person of my own ethnicity said white ppl are the best looking
>>
>>16938780
Nobody?
>>
>>16936585
Fuck that shit.

White people can be ugly as fuck, ugly comes in all colors dude.

You're probably a great lookin dude. Don't fall for that stuff dude.
>>
White people are the ugliest race. He's wrong.
>>
>>16936585
who the fuck gives a shit? regardless of your race there's always going to be anyone that's better looking than you. stop making this a matter of race because if you aren't good looking as a brazilian guy you wouldn't be beautiful if were born white, seu feijão.
>>
>>16936585
actually studies have shown that people tend to be mostly attracted by their own race/ethnicity

so as long as you go after Brazilian chicks you should be better off than a white guy
>>
>>16936585
> Anyone else been insulted by a person of their own race before?

I'm white. And I have.

trust me, being white is not a blank check to physical beauty.
>>
>>16940682
I think he means people other than white. Like a black person calling another black person the n-word with the "er" at the end.

Unless that whire person actually insulted you for being white, which I doubt happened.
>>
The American white people are the only beautiful people is completely fucking retarded and the only people who fall for that kind of shit are equally as retarded and should for the most part be avoided.

Everyone is obviously just a product of their experiences, perspective, etc. Most people have a perspective on what's beautiful and what's not which includes other races in it.

I guarantee if you ask a lot of guys/girls what their ideal girl/guy would be a large majority of them would put down a certain accent, a certain skin tone, body feature/shape which links directly to one, or maybe even a few different races.

Life (for the majority of people) consists of many different people from many different background; it is pretty logical that from our experiences we string all of these experiences together to draw specific opinions around various beauties or not-beauties.

You had a fight with your family, you then watched a movie where some Brazilian is being super caring, loving and compassionate, you then MIGHT subconsciously feel more inclined to be more attracted to Brazilian people.

You are Brazilian and having a bad day, something about not being good enough has got you down, you see some white American guy getting what they want all the time, you then MIGHT subconsciously blame the most obvious fact that you're not white, he is; therefore that must be the reason.

Everyone has their opinions and everyone has their reasons why they believe their opinions are right. Brazilians are sexy, there's my opinion.

White elite-est culture and the incessant need to feel 'sorry' for other races for not being white + general racism probably has a lot to do with this idea. But anyone who has opinions like that (which don't align with yours) you'll steer clear of naturally for the most part anyway.

That is all.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.