[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So ive been taking an anti depressant (1 citalopram tablet a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1448315575258.jpg (100 KB, 736x754) Image search: [Google]
1448315575258.jpg
100 KB, 736x754
So ive been taking an anti depressant (1 citalopram tablet a night) and I don't really feel happy, more so I just don't feel depressed. Is there a way to feel happy with more medication or a different anti depressant? Have anti depressants made anyone here feel happy?
>>
>talk to your psychiatrist
>see a therapist
>>
>>16936496

>Have anti depressants made anyone here feel happy?

Anti-depressants aren't happy pills. They pave the way to positive life changes if your brain chemistry is unbalanced but it is not a permanent fix.

Medication in combination with life changes, therapy, and a continued dedication to change your situation can lead to happiness, but swallowing a handful of pills can't and won't make you happy if you're living in a shitty situation and you're not doing anything else about it.

Go back to your doctor, formulate a plan, find a therapist, dedicate yourself to it. Happiness is a goal you continually work towards, not a perpetual state you can reach simply through pills.
>>
>>16936503
I have an appointment but its about a month away. I would like some other peoples input before I go in.
>>
>>16936514
I have anxiety in speaking to people I tried a therapist before but all I did was cringe in the chair while he asked me some general questions and made some suggestions about going out and meeting people but I never did because I cringe inside when I have to meet people. I don't know why but I cant feel comfortable around people.
>>
I hear cocaine's pretty good at making people feel happy.
>>
I also got this tattoo that makes me hate myself. I never wanted a tattoo and only got this tattoo because a girl I was talking to had tattoos then she stopped talking to me and now I feel like I'm stuck being someone I'm not with this stupid tattoo.
>>
adderall, percs, or MOST EFFECTIVELY: weed.

smoke mad weed bro and try to get an adderall prescription and you'll be happy af. and get laid
>>
>>16936545
I was an alcoholic for a while it was a hard habit to kick I think weed would probably take me down the same road so I don't want to go there. That and its still illegal here so jobs and stuff and other problems like that.
>>
>>16936496
Happiness is more like a thing you do than an actual feeling
>>
>>16936560
when I was drunk I was happy but the health problems and depression made it a bad thing. I want the happiness without all the health and depression problems.
>>
Come on is there no way to just geek out on anti depressants? It would surly make life easier.
>>
>>16936559

trust me bro an adderall addiction is 100x worse than alcohol when i didnt have adderall i literally did nothing but sleep for months but it does make you happy with a steady supply which you can get from a doctor/therapist/psychologist relatively easily if you just play the role and be like bruh i cant concentrate and shit
>>
>>16936496
>So ive been taking an anti depressant (1 citalopram tablet a night) and I don't really feel happy, more so I just don't feel depressed.
Then it's working. Congratulations.

>Have anti depressants made anyone here feel happy?
That's not how it works. Depression is what happens when certain patterns of thought get "stuck" in your head, such that you can't get them out. This can happen for a wide variety of reasons, some biological in nature, some not. Only some of them actually make you sad; others just prevent you from being happy.

Antidepressants are there to help you get these patterns unstuck, but that is as far as they can go. They make happiness possible again, but they can't make you happy. The last few steps, you still have to take alone.
>>
exercise is my happy pill. run a few miles, swim, ride your bike to work.
taking pills to trick your body is bullshit. your body naturally rewards you for doing the right thing.
drugs are for losers
>>
>>16936496
I've been on pretty much every fucking anti-depressant. Happiness is hard. Like so hard. I have to work for it. Unfortunately you don't get to just be happy like other people. You have to force yourself to persue freinds and hobbies. Create achievable goals, eat well, exercise, and worst of all and most importantly get in a good sleeping pattern. The sad goes away with pills but you gotta work for the happiness.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.