[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Making new friends in a convention
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: IMG-20160202-WA0000.jpg (74 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160202-WA0000.jpg
74 KB, 480x480
Im about to go to a DBZ themed convention by myself, gonna be there a couple of hours.

There are some qt3.14 girls there, at least there was last year. My goal is to have some fun and to get to know new people, preferibly girls.

What should I do, adv, how should I make new nerd friends, what arr some of the best introductory lines?
>>
>>16935884
The only people most attendees want to talk to at a con are people they met months ago on the convention forum. Strangers are creepy.
>>
Offer senzu beans (rohypnol) to them
>>
>>16935907
Truckerfag you're back. Why didn't you kill yourself?
>>
>>16935884
Conventions have become mainstream, sort of, and people have already come with their social circles, so it'll be just as difficult as it usually is for social retards.
>>
>>16935949
I've been back for weeks. Why didn't you kill yourself?
>>
Oh well.

At least Im gonna have some fun, they are going to stream / display the newest DBS episode in a fuckhuge water fountain.
>>
>>16936001
I want to see you go first.
>>
>>16936084
Well, we're both here forever, so strap in and try to appreciate the lulz. Why not trip up and enjoy your stay?

>>16936079
I hope that helps mask the horrendous animation.

You can talk to people, compliment their cosplay, ask to take pictures of them, etc, but don't expect anything to come of it. Don't just talk to the hot girls, either. If you see someone with unfortunate looks that did a really stellar job on their outfit, be sure to talk to them, too, because they've earned it more than anyone, and you might be the highlight of their year. If you end up making friends then maybe you won't have to rely on being a creep at a convention to try and pick up girls.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.