[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't want to visit grandma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 1420918931106.jpg (7 KB, 183x250) Image search: [Google]
1420918931106.jpg
7 KB, 183x250
Hello /adv/, this may sound like something a 12 year old would say, but it's actually a serious problem.

My grandma is 95 years old and she's getting a bit senile, which makes it VERY boring to visit her and talk to her. For the past year, the three or so times I visited I had to explain what I was studying and how it was going, every single time. She talks for hours and hours on end with a slow voice and to be fair I really don't like visiting her. My dad tells me I have to visit her before she dies, and I know he's right but I don't really know what I'd get out of this. It just feels like a waste of time.

I feel myself becoming more and more selfish by the day, I'm already starting to fear her funeral where my dad probably expects to give a fucking speech.

Any advice for someone in my situation? How to make talking to my grandma bearable?
>>
>>16935670
Just engage her in conversation on her terms. No matter what senile shit comes out of her mouth take it seriously, ask critical questions, and see how far down the rabbit hole you can go in an hour or two.
>>
>>16935699
So I should view it as mining?
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.