[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I deal with the fact that I will never be a world class
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: sadfrog.jpg (94 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog.jpg
94 KB, 399x388
How do I deal with the fact that I will never be a world class vocal singer? I got inspired by a band and their songs and I have no musical knowledge and I understand that I will never be famous but I kind of want that. What do I do?
>>
>>16935448
>I have no musical knowledge
Gee it's too bad there's no place you can go to get musical knowledge.

Seriously though, pursue music if it interests you. You might end up famous, although idk why you'd want to because it just seems like a gigantic pain in the ass. And who knows, you may end up becoming one of those people who's only famous regionally. Then you get the pleasure of being recognised by people, but with fewer crazy stalkers and paparazzi.

Even if you don't become famous at all, you'll still be doing something you like, right? Sometimes that's all you can hope for in this life, man.
>>
>>16935448
>/m/ (never been idk, I just figure though
>reddit.com/r/piano (sidebar to get started)
>reddit.com/r/guitar (sidebar to get started)
>reddit.com/r/singing (sidebar to get started)
>>
File: 1452314432012.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1452314432012.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>>16935535
>reddit.com
GET

THE

FUCK

OUT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>16935548
I've played the piano for 17 years without a teacher and /r/piano has an excellent collection of resources. I don't care what website it is if it can further me as a musician. The world isn't that black and white.
>>
>>16935570
Have you composed anything?
>>
>>16935616
Sort of, but not really. I have a big txt file titled "shitty lyrics" and a bunch of basic melody ideas recorded on my phone. As far as lyrics, I want to say I have 3 songs completed. As far as melodies, I'd have to look back, but mostly just fragments that need more substance. So, work in progress.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.