[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Only being able to get a date online is affecting my self esteem.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1458343769754.jpg (244 KB, 1016x1400) Image search: [Google]
1458343769754.jpg
244 KB, 1016x1400
Only being able to get a date online is affecting my self esteem. I really want someone in real life to want to go on a date with me.

How do I stop feeling so depressed?
>>
>>16935445

>depressed

can we stop using this word for 'oh i feel sad once in awhile?'

please? its fucking retarded.

>I really want someone in real life to want to go on a date with me

its pretty shitty htinking, but at the very least, cut out the online dating. if you dont have apps or online sites, then you will be forced to seek people out in real lief. i recently cut out the apps and a week later met someone awesome. taking them on a date to the beach today, dinner over looking hte ocean at sunset, then a ride on the ferris wheel. gonna ask to go steady today.
>>
>>16935452
I've only started online dating very recently, before that I went years being dateless and boyfriendless.

I think crying and feeling sad every day and not being able to get out of bed counts as being depressed.

How did you meet this person and how did you ask them out?
>>
>>16935454

>went to the no pants train ride (where people ride the metro in their underwear
>see an adorkable brown dude wearing a button up shirt, glasses, tie, and a backpack that buckles in the front
>shirt tucked into underwear
>we keep checking each other out
>end up at the same bar after
>comes right up to me and introduces himself
>asks me to dance
>30 seconds later were making out
>been hanging out ever since

>i think crying and feeling sad every day and not being able to get out of bed counts as being depressed

if you are depressed, then why throw that at the END of this post? true depression isnt caused by 'LOL I CAN ONLY GET A DATE ONLINE'. if you are truly depressed, go see a psychiatrist and stop worrying about dating.
>>
File: the-weeknd-phone.gif (2 MB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
the-weeknd-phone.gif
2 MB, 500x321
>>16935445
desu senpai online dating is how it is done now.

Nobody dates in real life, and I hope you don't fall for this "call, don't text" meme or the "expand your social circle" meme or the "join a club" meme.
>>
>>16935456
These thoughts are what are making me depressed. I've tried medication it's not helping.

So basically you went out and someone came on to you? Guys in real life don't check me out.
>>
>>16935481

post a picture of yourself. well see what you're working with

>ITS LITERALLY ONLY THE FACT THAT GUYS DONT ASK ME OUT THAT I CRY EVERY SINGLE NIGHT

uh huh
>>
>>16935489
I already posted my pic on /adv/, people said that I look alright.
>>
>>16935490

well that helps a lot! good thread OP, glad i was able to help
>>
>>16935492
I already do the best I can with my appearance so there's no help needed on that front.
>>
>>16935445
>Flirting
http://www.sirc.org/publik/flirt.html
>Depression
Get a shrink
>>
>>16935481
>Guys in real life don't check me out

Girls in real life typically don't approach me or talk to me unless I talk to them first, because I don't really give off the appearance of being a friendly person. If you don't have a friendly demeanor, are very outgoing, or are very attractive (and I mean attractive to the point where you stand out a whole lot) than people generally will not check you out.

If you are depressed, then you most likely don't give off this vibe. It has nothing to do with who you are as a person and you shouldn't think of it that way, it's just how it is. Accept it, and if that is actually the cause of your depression then it will go away.

If not, then you have some emotional issue, event, or environment from the past that you have not quite come to terms with yet.

Is this the only thing that you think is "wrong" with you?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.