[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you stop comparing yourself to others? I can't stop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1420562488187.jpg (127 KB, 1000x590) Image search: [Google]
1420562488187.jpg
127 KB, 1000x590
How do you stop comparing yourself to others? I can't stop and it's driving me insane. I'm not a NEET or a do-nothing or whatever, I go to college(again, after some time off) and I have a job too. But I can't stop comparing myself to literally everyone else. All I can think is how I don't have a car, or my own place, or how I don't have awesome grades, and how I don't even make that much money because my current job sucks and literally no other employer will respond to my applications. How do you even find peace? It's like if you missed a beat in life you can't regain it.
>>
all you can do is try to do the best you can. it's not a completely negative thing. that you're comparing yourself as critically as you are is basically your ambitious side. do you want to lose that too and become a drone?
>>
>>16935161
I don't want to be a drone. And you're right. I am ambitious. I hate myself for being a fuckup and basically stalling my life when I could have my Bachelor's degree already.
>>
I compare myself to other people all the time too. I hate it and wish I didn't but it's so ingrained a pattern of thought that I can't help it. I think low self-esteem is at the core of it. I wish I had some advice.
>>
>>16935124
I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.

Michael Jordan

Just don't give up.. Try to succeed in what you like, and find happiness in every day life.
>>
>>16935572
I keep trying and nothing is ever enough. I go to school, I have a job, I pursue hobbies, I'm trying to live to my full capacity and yet I still drive myself crazy and end up ruining my mood almost my entire waking life.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.