[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dealing with not going to a funeral
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: network transmission.jpg (53 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
network transmission.jpg
53 KB, 500x375
My grandpa died today, and he lives in another country. I don't have a visa, and rushing it would cost $400 of money I don't have. He and the rest of his close family lives in another country whose language I don't speak.

But I'm afraid that if I don't go, then that means I never really loved him.

What should I do? I'm thinking of not going, but I'll feel guilty if I don't.

Pic related, he died via getting his plug pulled.
>>
Call the embassy of the country if thereĀ“s another option for you than the big visa given the circumstances...
>>
My grandma died last summer quite suddenly after a battle with cancer. It was about half a year after I made my dream of living in London come true. I wasn't there when she got worse, and my family decided it was best not to tell me immediately when the doctors put her in a sleep state. I only found out a day or two before she died. I had a similar situation as you, where flights/etc would have cost a lot of money that I didn't have, so in the end we decided it was best I didn't fly back to my country.

I felt like shit about it, but at the end of the day going to her funeral wasn't going to give me closure or anything of the like. I made a tribute to her to be played at her funeral, and said my goodbyes privately.

I mean, of course it really depends on what you feel is right. But you know you loved your grandpa. Going to a funeral isn't proof of it, and not going isn't gonna take that away. You know what you sincerely feel, like I did, and no one else's opinion matters.
>>
>>16934786
1. Send flowers or something to let them know you're thinking of him.
2. Think of him. Take a break during the day to think good thoughts about him and say Goodbye in your mind.

That is all that can be asked of you.
>>
>>16934786

if you dont have 400 dollars you could expend then dont go.

if you have the 400 dollars you could expend, go.

tbqh i didnt love my grandpa. i barely knew him
>>
>>16934818
>>16934810
>>16934825
Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to send flowers, and talk to his other loved ones.

I suppose the next time someone close and old gets sick, I'll get a visa then, so this doesn't happen again.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.