[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is everything unfair
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3
File: oDKl1YZ.jpg (221 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
oDKl1YZ.jpg
221 KB, 768x1024
All I want to do is shave my legs without fucking ingrown hairs and shaving rash and all that crap. I literally just tried waxing and it isn't removing the smaller hairs meaning I have to shave them, I'm considering adding in some super glue to the wax.

Please help, why does this happen to me, how do girls shave their legs and not get ingrown hairs or a rash, this is so annoying I just want it to work for once.
>>
Are you me? I asked about this in the opposite gender thread and am still waiting for a reply.
>>
Not everyone can be pretty OP.

The sooner you accept that life is unfair, the better you can deal with life.

You're white so you have that at least.
>>
Every type of hair removal takes time for the skin to get used to - shaving, cream, wax...It takes a few (3-5) usages of the same to get used to
I´d try the sugar paste if I were you... or laser removal, which takes time (cca year; 6-8 treatments) but is permanent
>>
>>16934027

What do you shave with? Some work better than others, so might want to try different brands. Also, try electric.
>>
>>16934151
What sort of jaded reverse racist advice is this?

>>16934155
>t takes a few (3-5) usages of the same to get used to
Maybe that's my problem. I do it infrequently. I have a hair removal cream but it's nasty stuff and hard to use, if you leave it on for too long it will literally burn you, not long enough and it does nothing.

>>16934156
A 5 blade razor.
>electric
K, I'll try it on my other leg.
>>
>>16934161

You're crying over literally nothing.

Having red spots on your legs is not something to cry about, it makes you sound spoiled.

If you didn't have red spots on your legs, you'd complain about not being rich, or something else equally stupid.

Just be happy you're complaining about that and not about being born in some fucked up third world country.
>>
>>16934169
>You're crying over literally nothing.
I'm not crying, you're making assumptions based off the way I write and thus you've just made an ass out of yourself.

>If you didn't have red spots on your legs, you'd complain about not being rich
More assumptions. I am rich so I'm considering this lazor removal next time.

Leave adv if you have nothing but personal insults to add. I'd hate to meet you irl, judging from the way you judge others via text I know you walk around judging everyone by their outward appearance.
>>
jesus fuck what is technique? it looks like youre trying to skin yourself with a butterknife ffs. change the direction you shave? dont wear fucking denim, leggings, yoga pants, other form fitting stuff while its growing back. sit in the tub for a full 48 hours?
>>
>>16934184
also try changing direction, using different lubes, different blades, dont press hard.

also more leg pics
>>
>>16934184
>change the direction you shave?
So shave from my ankle to my knee? I'm pretty sure you're meant to go down anon.

>dont wear fucking denim, leggings, yoga pants, other form fitting stuff while its growing back.
I shaved 5 hours ago, I've been sitting in jocks since.

>sit in the tub for a full 48 hours?
Does this work? Why did you put a question mark behind it, I'm the one asking here?
>>
>>16934182

You're rich too? Well you definitely proved to me that you're spoiled.

>Why is everything unfair

Your words.

YOUR WORDS.
>>
>>16934189
I'm in the process of shaving the other with an electric will post if it turns to shit.
>>
>>16934197
>Well you definitely proved to me that you're spoiled.
>spoiled
I'm so spoiled, orphaned at 17, handed more wealth than I knew what to do with but left with not a single person who cares about me, riddled with mental illnesses because I was forced to grow up in an instant.

Stop making assumptions of people online. You're a nasty, nasty person.
>>
>>16934201

You are literally doing the exact same thing right now, making assumptions from strangers.

Stop being a baby and harden the fuck UP.
>>
>it is now rich and spoiled to not want to break out in a horrible rash post-shaving

Holy shit the autism is in full force today

I have great success exfoliating my legs (lightly with a washcloth and soap, not scrubbing hard) and shaving with conditioner with the grain and then going side to side. I follow with a lotion for sensitive skin and the other person's advice of not wearing form-fitting pants. (I get the same legs as you if I don't, I even have scarring from my teens.)
>>
>>16934193
if the waters warm it opens your pores theorehtically gives the follicles room to grow. it was a somewhat sarcastic exaggerated suggestion hence the ? and it wouldnt hurt tosoak for a couple hours. if you have tried changing the direction you shave you really fucking need to. lots of guys have this similar problem with their neck and thats the most common fix. also, are you being completely fucking retarded and going down your whole leg in one stroke without rinsing? im not a girl but if you are that seems like a pants on head retarded thing to do.
>>
>>16934205
No I'm not, you are a nasty person.

>Stop being a baby and harden the fuck UP.
Grow up.
>>
>>16934208

>it is now rich and spoiled to not want to break out in a horrible rash post-shaving

trying to do something about is fine i think, but complaining about how life isnt fair because you have a rash...eeeesh.
>>
>>16934205
>Stop being a baby and harden the fuck UP
It's one of those people who come here to feel better about there shitty lives. Kill yourself.
>>
>>16934210

I'm not the one crying over a rash, or being butt blasted over a post on the internet.

Seriously, get some thicker skin (lol)
>>
>>16934213

my life is great thanks and love every second of it, i wouldnt kill myself over anything.

OP on the other hand sounds like she's on the verge.
>>
Are /adv/ threads always this entertaining?
>>
>>16934205
>Stop being a baby and harden the fuck UP.
>You're white so you have that at least.

Mad shitskin detected. This is a website for white people. Your kind isn't wanted here muhammad.
>>
>>16934223

im white

>>16934222

yes, which is why im around here more often than i probably should be.
>>
>>16934222
Its been like this since the r9k/ influx.
>>
>>16934193
>I'm pretty sure you're meant to go down anon.

No, you shave from ankle to knee.
>>
>>16934228
Then you're just a jealous troll. How sad.
>>
>>16934233

why would i be jealous? im not the one with a leg-rash.

but seriously believe it or not, i gave advice.

OP is obviously depressed about her rash, i was just trying to telling her that its not something you should lose sleep over, when you let one negative aspect of your life spoiled the thousands of positives you have you become a very bitter, unhappy person and thats unhealthy for you.

dont let that happen.
>>
>>16934209
>if you have tried changing the direction you shave you really fucking need to.
I'll give it a shot next time, other leg is looking pretty good atm which I did with an electric.

>re you being completely fucking retarded and going down your whole leg in one stroke without rinsing?
Nope, I do like 5-10 cms, it took me almost 2 hours to do my whole leg.

>im not a girl but if you are that seems like a pants on head retarded thing to do.
I'm not a girl either, I'm a biochemist and have to fully shave my body for decontamination procedures. It's just so frustrating being decomed and everyone seeing all my ingrown hairs.

>>16934212
I'm here for advice, stop trying to straw man my thread.
>>16934214
Me calling you a nasty person is a fact, you're the one trolling me for no real reason.
>>
>>16934240

see

>>16934237
>>
>>16934237
>OP is obviously depressed about her rash
>>16934240
I'm a he. Find a better way to waste your life.
>>
>>16934243

Thanks for correcting that detail, not that it really makes any difference whatsoever.
>>
>>16934242

see

>>16934233
>>
>>16934245

Hey, i gave genuine advice, theres no reason to be upset

good luck with your legs OP
>>
>>16934182
>judging from the way you judge others via text I know you walk around judging everyone by their outward appearance.

Are... are you being ironic?
>>
File: 1442891800842.jpg (50 KB, 608x611) Image search: [Google]
1442891800842.jpg
50 KB, 608x611
>>16934249
>still pushing the "upset" narrative
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>16934193
>So shave from my ankle to my knee? I'm pretty sure you're meant to go down anon.
....Holy shit, are you retarded?
>>
>>16934250
I was going to say obviously but it's not that obvious over text.

>>16934254
No I'm a straight male who has never had a reason to shave before. Are you gay or something?
>>
>>16934209
>are you being completely fucking retarded and going down your whole leg in one stroke without rinsing? im not a girl but if you are that seems like a pants on head retarded thing to do.

I'm a girl, granted not a very hairy one, but I do single long strokes all the time and never had a problem. Sometimes multiple long ones.
(Not OP obv)
>>
>>16934258
>I was going to say obviously but it's not that obvious over text.
Phew, just checking.
>>
>>16934240
>I'm not a girl either, I'm a biochemist and have to fully shave my body for decontamination procedures.
Wat. What do you actually do?
>>
>>16934262
i dont believe you post pics also what are your thoughts on my no form fitting clothing for a while, change direction, and warm water soaking suggestions
>>
>>16934258
>No I'm a straight male who has never had a reason to shave before. Are you gay or something?
Maybe I'm a biochemist too, faggot.
>>
>>16934266
I'm not advocating single-stroking, just never had reason to think it'd be a problem. I can definitely see how it'd be a problem for someone with coarser hair.

Definitely change direction and soak. Moisturise afterwards. Maybe moisturise before too, but that might just gum up your razor, I'm not sure.
There are also recipes online for simple exfoliating scrubs that can help, but I've never used them (pretty much just sugar and/or salt with oil and a little lemon juice. Scrub, shave, scrub again, call yourself Baby Legs and join the police force).
>>
>>16934273
i was more interested in the leg pics thank for input though!
>>
>>16934264
We've synthesized a (possible) new antibiotic and are studying its effects on living tissue. We have to go through a full biological decontaminated before entering and when leaving the lab.

>>16934267
Or you just shave your legs for whatever weird reason and assume everyone has the same knowledge as you, even when they're asking for advice on how to shave their legs.

The autism here is getting too much. If someone is asking for advice why would you assume they already know? I guess that's why this place is so dead now.

The electric has done a good job but I am getting some ingrowns coming through. Fuck it I'll drop some money for the lazor treatment our contract lasts 4 more damn years.
>>
>>16934282

Plenty of people have trouble with shaving their legs even when doing it right. It stands to reason that if you're expecting others to take time out of their day to help you, you might have done at least a fucking google search into how this works.
You are using a razor, right? Not a doorstop? I don't want to make any assumptions here and make you feel like a total retard.
>>
>>16934301
>you are using a razor, right? Not a doorstop? I don't want to make any assumptions here and make you feel like a total retard.
>>16934027
Go back to school and learn to read.
>>
>>16934282
>We've synthesized a (possible) new antibiotic and are studying its effects on living tissue
Wow. That's fucking awesome desu.
>>
>>16934301
If others aren't prepared to give their help why the fuck are they on /adv/ retard?
>>
File: 11-cat-spider.jpg (87 KB, 1411x773) Image search: [Google]
11-cat-spider.jpg
87 KB, 1411x773
>>16934304
>calling other people autistic

Maybe you're not really a biochemist at all, maybe you're an experiment, like that episode of Always Sunny.
>>
>>16934305
Eh. We've had a lot of problems with it but it is pretty fulfilling. It won't go through human trial for another 4 years but one day I might get credit for being part of the team to create a new type of mutation resistant anti biotic.

>>16934315
I didn't call you autistic.
>>
>>16934311

Giving help for people who need personal help is not the same as being a replacement for google.
It'd literally take 10 seconds.
>>
>>16934318
how close are we to living 200+ years
>>
>>16934319
You know you don't have to give people advice right?

>>16934325
No where near. We cant stop our body systems or the brain from degenerating so even if we could do it you'd be guaranteed to get some degenerative disorder eg dementia, partisans, alzheimers and your skin would probably tear away during a light breeze.
>>
>>16934318
>Eh. We've had a lot of problems with it but it is pretty fulfilling. It won't go through human trial for another 4 years but one day I might get credit for being part of the team to create a new type of mutation resistant anti biotic.
Or you'll go down in history as the man who started the zombie apocalypse, if Hollywood has taught me anything.
>>
Why is everything unfair? Are you fucking serious? Im in the hospital because I have a huge possibility of dying. You're a moron. Add glue to the wax then drink it.
>>
>>16934027
shave with conditioner or coconut oil
>>
>>16934376
http://helloglow.co/diy-coconut-oil-shaving-cream-9-tips-for-the-perfect-shave/ heres a link btw
>>
>>16934344
I wish. If we could create Hollywood zombies we could study them and become almost immortal but realistically zombies just wouldn't work, no blood supply so they'd literally degrade to immobility in a week.

>>16934367
I was being ironic.

Perpetuating your anger over your situation doesn't do any you good. Get off the god damn internet and start spending your final hours with your family or thank and talk to the nurses and doctors who are caring for you.
>>
Get laser removal
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.