[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /adv/. So there's this girl. I adore her. We've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.png (785 KB, 882x947) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
785 KB, 882x947
Alright /adv/. So there's this girl. I adore her. We've been friends for about a year, much closer friends these last 4 months or so. Near not a single day goes by we don't spend time together. Whenever we go out to eat she teases, asking me "Oh, are we going on a date?" We text every night. Just the other day when I'd gone to bed, she sent me this long sprawling text about how sweet she thinks I am, and how much she appreciates how often I think about her. She has a pet name for me. Sometimes we find excuses just to be near each other. Tonight we drove to the park at 2 in the morning and just laid in a field and talked

I want to be with her. And I'm 80% sure she feels the same

But she has a boyfriend. And not justs some guy, but a friend of mine. Someone I work with.

Help. Please.
>>
You're probably just a friend to her. Because you're a friend of her boyfriend, you're 'safe', that's why she's so close to you and open with you
>>
File: 77f06e4b.png (161 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
77f06e4b.png
161 KB, 400x200
Date another girl, see if she gets jealous.
>>
>>16933574

That's what I'd been assuming for the first few months. But there are things that make me feel otherwise and I'm just not sure. For one, whenever we're all together, she gets mad at him for trying to do 'boyfriend' stuff (Hug, hold her hand etc). Tells him to quit it. Though I can't be certain if it's because I'm around or just a 'in public' issue in general

But the bigger thing, whenever we're going somewhere with a larger group of friends and need to take two cars, He and I drive and she always, always chooses to ride with me, despite his occasional frustration with it. Honestly if not for that I think I'd have given up awhile ago

Or would you say something like that is normal?
>>
>>16933560
1. Figure out if her and her partner are happy in the relationship. Get each of their perspectives.

2. Figure out how much you care. Weigh the friendship of both of these people VS how much you want this relationship.

3. Have some empathy. Try to think about things from the perspective of her and her bf.

4. If you've done the first three and still are considering trying for the relationship, then get her alone and say this:
"Hey anon, don't take this too seriously but how much do you like me, really? Like if things were different and you and anon2 weren't together, would you ever date me?" Try to play it off as non awkwardly as possible and respect her if she says no. Then change topics and forget the whole thing happened.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.