[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How often can you initiate a conversation on Facebook with a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: delfin.jpg (28 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
delfin.jpg
28 KB, 500x330
How often can you initiate a conversation on Facebook with a friend without annoying that person too much?
>>
>>16933414
Don't always be the one to initiate, and don't make it a routine.

If you hit up on someone on facebook, and you have an enjoyable conversation... great! Feel free to hit them up again, or wait for them to hit you up.

It only gets weird (in my opinion) when someone you don't know terribly well consistently hits you up to talk when you make it apparent you aren't really interested.

I once had a girl named Stacy message me almost every other day on facebook despite most of my responses being as detailed as "Oh, that sucks." or "Haha, I see" etc.

These days I don't really use facebook anymore so it isn't a problem but I never minded getting messages from friends I was interested in talking with.

Comparatively, I had a friend who would hit me up often, but I hit him up just as often to shoot the shit and talk about the day so it never got weird or overbearing.

Just find genuine friends, OP. A genuine friend is going to want to talk to you when you want to talk to them about 8 out of 10 times. A facebook friend is more akin to an acquaintance or class mate so when someone suddenly tries to escalate that into close friendship it comes off as clingy.
>>
>>16933414
>dolphin picture

Oh thank god, I thought you were that dolphin fucker who has been spamming every board today.
>>
>>16933426
This friend of mine lives in another country and I only have her Facebook
>>
>>16933430
>that dolphin fucker who has been spamming every board today
...what? I just decided to post a photo of a dolphin as a friend of mine just went to an aquarium when travelling and she posted photos of dolphins on Facebook
>>
File: 1451189704559.jpg (69 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1451189704559.jpg
69 KB, 640x427
>>16933432
>>16933414
>mfw long distance relationships of any kind, even friendships

Yea... in that case I'm not touching this one, sorry. Try someone else.

My honest suggestion is to find someone else you are interested in who isn't behind a computer screen thousands/millions of miles away.

Good luck, anon. You are gonna need it.
>>
>>16933441
What the fuck? It's not like I have feelings for her. We are both girls lol and I'm pretty sure she is straight as well.
>>
>>16933443
See:
>even friendships.

Your situation is 10x more exacerbated/worse than I described in
>>16933426
because it is long distance and you don't have actually interaction outside of Facebook.

Sorry, you're fucked. I can't help you here. There is no way you can consistently contact her and it won't be annoying the ever loving shit out of this woman.

Find real friends.
>>
>>16933430
wait what, there's a dolphin fucker on adv?

>>16933414
depends on what the relationship is, how close you are. once every few days is a good rule.
>>
File: image.jpg (211 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
211 KB, 640x1136
>>16933460
>>16933436
Not here (yet) thankfully, but he's been all over today.

https://desustorage.org/r9k/thread/27239620/#q27239620

https://desustorage.org/an/thread/2084292/#2084292
>>
>>16933556
>implying this is not posted by this OP and it's not spam
>>16933466
>>
It can cut you up. I recently intitiated a convo with someone on facebook because I wanted to clear some shit up with a person I know that i had a bad hookup with and who's ghosting me. It's like I'm hanging out with friends of his he walks up and completely ignores me like I'm not there. WTF is that? Jesus Christ can we just move on? Apparently not.

He has not responded so of course I feel humiliated all over again.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.