[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Independent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: download (1).jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9 KB, 300x168
I am tired of feeling so small in life, I am tired of losing all these girls that I like because I feel horrible about myself, I want to be independent and move on in life but money is an issue with me right now. I am 21 have a part time job paying out like 130 a week and I go to school but am slowly going nowhere there. I really want to move out on my own and grow up in the world but I know I am far away from that dream. My question today is what are some qualities that I have to have to be independent (other than a high paying job) like what should I have skill wise going out on my own into the world.
>>
Responsibility
>>
>>16933124
Okay good one, now is there anyway I can train that? Or is it just gonna be experience wise
>>
You are right you need a higher paying job. There will be chores you'll need to do. General cleaning, laundry, dishes, etc. You'll need to buy household items before you move. And probably after because I can guarantee there's some things you'll forget. Budgeting is a very useful skill. Make sure you have money saved up for emergencies. Decent cooking skills are pretty necessary unless you want to waste money eating out every night.
>>
>>16933163
Interesting, now is there anything I can do now to start preparing for independece? Other then the obvious save up cash
>>
If I were you I would forget about the world and just keep on school, money will come later then you can travel, have your own house, have good quality life. With the kind of money you may get now you will only experience a very little of life and the world.
>>
>>16933203
Anon, finishing school doesn't help much with that, if you're insinuating a mere degree will skyrocket anyone into an good life

Unless it's a STEM degree, or a business one, where the markets are oversaturated and flowing with jobs - it's not essential to have one.

Not downing school, partially speaking from personal experience as well as statistics. Life in general, isn't determined by your post secondary education, I graduated in 03 then went into an entirely different field that payed decently and worked my way up in that field to better jobs. Experience and looking like you have the ability to do the job trumps all, but it depends on the field you are looking to work in.

Your post seemed to shame people who don't do school instead, when we are living in an era where education is becoming more and more of an 'option' than a priority. Honestly it's a scam, OP just needs to learn to manage his money 1., get a full time job for at least a year and that could net him anywhere from 20k - 30k with just a HS diploma 2., find a job in whatever location he wants to move, go out there and interview for it and get it, move there and he's on his first step to being independent. Where he takes his career from there is up to him.

I'm just dispelling the illusion a degree is going to have you living a lavish life or something, there's plenty of other alternatives to that and they definitely don't signify a person is independent because some of the most childish jobless people I know have degrees
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.