[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My boyfriend has been cheating on me since we got together 6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: pepe-the-frog-meme.png (48 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
pepe-the-frog-meme.png
48 KB, 500x282
My boyfriend has been cheating on me since we got together 6 years ago. He claims he hasn't thought about another woman since his last slip up 6 months ago. Once a cheater always a cheater? Anyone been through this have any advice?
>>
>>16933118
>Since his last slip up
>More than one slip up
>Cheating on you for the past 6 years
Has it honestly not crossed your mind to break up? Save yourself the misery and leave him. What a shitty boyfriend.
>>
>>16933118
Should have split the first time you found out. Yes, people can change, but if they have the maturity to understand what they did was wrong, and make the change needed, they should also have the maturity to understand why you would want to leave.
>>
I have tried to end it. But he turns it around to make me the bad guy.
>>
>>16933148
>But he turns it around to make me the bad guy.
Then he's an asshole trying to manipulate you into staying. Next time he brings that up, just say
>"Then obviously we aren't right for each other."
because if there was truth to his statements, that should be justification for him to terminate the relationship.
>>
>>16933118
>his last slip up
>implying multiple "slip ups"
>implying you shouldn't have kicked his ass to the curb the first "slip up"

Come on now woman, you are smarter than this.

>>16933148

So why do you give a fuck? Honestly how old are you?

This story would make a hell of a lot of sense if it was written by someone still in high school/college who is largely obsessed with their significant other and doesn't possess much of a life outside of hanging out with them.

You have no one to blame but yourself if you stand by this dude and get hurt again.

You are quite possibly insane if we are following the definition of "doing the same thing over and over, while expecting different results."

I don't mean to sound rude, but it angers me how fucking stupid you are.
>>
>>16933148
How is that not even more reason to break up?
>>
Just break up with him!!!!!!!!!!!!! Listen to other people. I forgave my cheating bf but he just keeps doing it again. He will become an ex tonight. We can do better :3
>>
>>16933118
Just dump him he abused your emotions and doesn't give a fuck about you
>>
>>16933118

if you like him go ahead adn enjoy it while it lasts. are you considering him for marriage material? probably ditch him.
>>
>>16933118
He's obviously an abusive cheating shithead. Leave him. Done.

But that's not the real problem here is it, Anon? You have a self esteem issue. You don't value yourself enough to get away from this asshole. Do everything you can to fix this problem or you will find out that your whole life will turn out exactly like this relationship.
>>
>>16933580
I have the same problem but how can it be fixed? How can I value myself more?
>>
>>16933173
>>16933580
If her bf is abusive, did you ever stop to think that maybe she hasn't left him and possibly has low self esteem BECAUSE he's abusive?

When you're in an emotionally abusive relationship, it is not as easy as 'just leave him already!!!' Abusive partners are extremely manipulative and controlling, he's probably also been gaslighting her for a while too. Six years is a fucking long time, who knows what he's done and said to her/made her feel in that time.

If you're a victim in an abusive relationship, you probably have already thought about leaving a number of times, but it's the abuse that makes you stay for a whole host of reasons.

>>16933118
OP, yes, you need to leave him. But you need to do it in a way that isn't going to risk you getting hurt. Talk to a close friend/family member if you can, even call a domestic violence hotline. These people can and will help you, all you need to do is ask.
You deserve better, and while you may not believe it, somewhere deep down you know you do.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.