[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /adv/ short time lurker, first time poster. i have a problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: Miami_nights.gif (918 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
Miami_nights.gif
918 KB, 800x1000
Hello /adv/ short time lurker, first time poster. i have a problem /adv/, my life has stalled.

i graduated from univ a couple of months ago with my bachelors in psych, debt free and with honors. the only problem is i was so focused on my studies that i didn't plan ahead on what to do next ( or have much of a social life outside my friends/roomates and club activities). Fast forward a couple of months later and im back at my parents house wondering what the hell im going to do with my life. im so frustrated because not only do i not know what to do or where to go or even what i rally want, but i cant even progress with my life.

i cant really date because in addition to my problems with talking to women and asking them out and general shyness (which im working on, i paid a random attractive women a compliment the other day and i figure if i can do that then asking someone out is the next logical step)i don't know where to meet them and i cant really bring them back to my house and my schedule more or less revolves around everyone else either helping them in some fashion or going to work with my father every couple of days or even just the car situation (three of us and only 2 cars and my father takes one to work pretty much everyday). my parents have been very supportive about all this but iv got to be one to pick a path and im not sure what to do.

i feel that if i go back to uni to try and get my Masters or PHD ill do fine academically and with renewed confidence i might even finally be able to start dating. but going back just seems like a holding action, iv no real end goal and in 2,3,4 years ill be back to square one. i could see about a career but im not really sure in what or how to get it. all this combined with my paralysis analysis is making me a frustrated wreck. any advice on what to do with my life in regards to education/career/ social life/ whatever.
>>
>>16932918
time to nut up and get a job nigga. now you get to face the real world like the rest of us proles.

more school is a poor choice desu imo. you graduated without debt but with little other positives, don't change that for the worse.
>>
With your bachelors you could become a QMHA. Basically a social worker.

Look into what you could do for a masters in that field, like different types of therapy, research, etc, there are a lot of options out there. Maybe talk to a counselor at the school you graduated from about potential career options.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.