[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 20 and work a part time job at my college. Today a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1456989415592.png (213 KB, 464x560) Image search: [Google]
1456989415592.png
213 KB, 464x560
I'm 20 and work a part time job at my college.

Today a coworker tells me "you cannot ignore a customer! I've heard complaints from 2 other staff members about you ignoring customers too and even spoken about it with the boss. You can NOT do that." I didn't mean to. My job is to sit behind a counter, and I sometimes study, so if I accidentally ignored someone, I didn't mean to.

I thought I was on good terms with the boss though and we chat sometimes.
The boss has not brought this up to me at all.

Am I likely to be fired all of a sudden?
>>
I won't do it again. Honest!
I really really need this part time job and am very paranoid about losing it.
>>
>>16932751
If you can't study and pay attention to customers then just don't study at work. Pretty simple fix.
>>
if you're so worried about your job why don't you try actually doing the work they're paying you to do instead of fucking studying or jerking off on facebook.
>>
>>16932763
>>16932762
If I've ignored any customers, I'm not aware of it.
I try to be helpful and I do the job. Ok I won't study at work any more.

What I'm worried about is if I'm going to be fired right now. As far as I knew, I was a great employee and did the job well until I heard this today. I am surprised and I realize I probably don't take criticism well and tend to blow it way out of proportion.
>>
>>16932779

>I'm not paying attention and ignored things
>B-but I don't remember the person I was ignoring so it doesn't count

Dude what. Just don't do your fucking home work at work.
>>
>>16932808
I won't!

Again, I said I won't do it again!
I mean it. That's not the point. I'm a pretty good worker now and I've rarely ever actually studied at work. I'm usually working hard like I'm supposed to.

That's not my point. I won't do that kind of thing again.

My point is does it sound like I'm going to be fired on Monday just based on this?

I had no idea there was any problem until just now so I'm suddenly worried. I don't take criticism well and tend to blow it out or proportion so I'm here to get a check on how to react to this.

I was thinking to just go to the boss myself on Monday and say that it's come to my attention that some of my coworkers feel I could contribute more and not let so many customers wander to them instead of me. I want to let you know I will step up and make sure that isn't happening. Thank you.

Would something like that be appropriate? I'm afraid of Monday now.
>>
>>16932883

Let sleeping dogs lie. It's not a problem until someone mentions it, if it's mentioned apologise earnestly and make sure it doesn't happen again. If it's not brought up then just don't do it again.

Just don't sperg out and act all suspicious, be chill. You'll be fine.
>>
>>16932883
It sounds like to me this person just doesn't like you or just had a dick up there ass at the moment, a better way to tell if this is true is if the customers (especially the ones you delt with while you were studying) looked or acted annoyed or upset. If they didn't, if no one except this guy has at all brought this up/hinted at it (ex. "You sure like studying alot" statement) thenlike I said this guy has something against you but still going up to your boss and saying you've noticed you be making mistakes and are correcting them may actually save you from the chopping block (if your even on it that is)
>>
>>16933194
Ok then I guess it's worth a shot.
>>
>>16932751

is.... is this your first job, anon?
>>
>>16933540
yes. why?
>>
Unless it's a repeated offense, you're not gonna get fired. Chill out. Ignoring a customer or two isn't going to get you booted unless you do this daily.
>>
Stop studying at work,there's a time and a place.
>>
>>16934706
Because you are overreacting. They aren't interested in firing you on the fly, only if they know having yoy isn't worth it for them.

Just listen to what they are saying and don't make the same mistake. Fixed.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.