[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just pourin´ it out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: index.jpg (4 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4 KB, 275x183
Hi...

not sure if asking for advice, empathy or anything at all, but my life has been spiraling down for quite some time now. For months, I´ve been watching sitcoms to raise my mood or gaming, sometimes telling friends parts of what troubles me, but all of that just works for a very short while.
Now I won´t write everything here, but maybe I just need to pour the most important parts out somehow.

I´ve been working my ass off for years to get to a point where I´m skilled enough to do my "dream job", even though my family is always in dire straits (for years and years) and I had to work and study at the same time, I got to the point of actually getting the job, only to find out about an injury/damage that interferes with my capability to do it and may cause me to change the job soon (even though after the 1st larger project, my boss told me he wants me to stay) and I don´t know if I´ll be able to handle it, (since if it doesn´t get well, I may not be able to do this job or quite a few others).

Then there are problems in family etc. with which nothing is being done, no matter how much I urge or try to do something or how I try myself (not that I would make much of a difference).

And to top it off, I lost the most of my (not so big) social life I had. Maybe because I´m getting depressed a "bit", maybe because I worked too much on everything else I forgot how to meet new people or how to actually communicate (then there´s the thing of low tolerance for idiots).
Even my last (and actually the first in about two years and really nice) date stopped communicating a day after we went out for the first time (just stopped, no reason, no explanation), though I look good, have good manners and I think I have quite a few things to offer..

Funny thing is, people around me and my friends (smart nice people, whom I sadly see only once in a longer while) often tell me they look up to me, that I inspire them.
They have no idea how much I envy them what they have...
>>
I'm really sorry to hear that anon.
About your injury. If someone tells that you can't do something try to prove them wrong. You don't know until you try. Don't give up on your dreams just on a "maybe"
>>
The maybe is about the possibility to heal (and the time it could take while I still have to work at least sometimes), the injury is already causing problems, that´s why I´m so down....
Nevertheless thank you for reading, even if its tldr.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.