[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /adv/, I'm an insecure kissless virgin beta fag. Do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1457712627375.jpg (76 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1457712627375.jpg
76 KB, 600x600
Sup /adv/, I'm an insecure kissless virgin beta fag. Do you know any books that might help? I prefer short ones. Any tips on stopping being like that?
>>
>>16931727

You dont need books to kill yourself.

Just Bing it.

http://letmebingthatforyou.com/?q=How%20to%20kill%20myself
>>
>>16931729
just don't
>>16931733
srsly? who uses bing? plus i'm too much of a pussy to actually do it
>>
>>16931727

books wont do you much good, the fact that you insist on short ones shows you dont take any of it seriously enough.

the biggest and greatest tip you will get is to go outside and talk to people

>BUT ANON YOU CANT JUST WALK UP TO PEOPLE AND TALK TO THEM

you can, its totally legal. i do this every day somewhere or another.

go to a bookstore and wait in your favorite aisle. wait til someone (Anyone, not just a pretty girl) comes up to look for a book. ask her what shes looking for. if you have read that book, comment, if not, ask about it. say you are really into this genre but arent sure what to read next. shenanigans ensue. she might just be like 'oh here it is' and run off. let her. this isnt about getting everything to work. a lot of people are in their own world. keep trying til you find one who isnt.

can also do this at a movie store, at the theater, at a bar, at any place really. just wait around something you know a bit about, then talk t osomeone who comes up to that area. but you actually gotta talk. not 'wait for a nice opportunity'. act like its normal and it will be.

fuck even on the bus i just sit down and say 'hey hows it going? where you headed? oh thats cool whats that like? oh im just headed to work. yeah i work down the street, i manage an office for a psychic'

thats how i met my friend mate. we go hiking. anywho, do this, to anyone, anywhere, and you will get confidence to talk to girls you might actually be interested in.

and when you find one, talk to them the same way. casually. if something strikes up hand them your card (Get cards made) and say
>hey i gotta go, but we should keep this going, call me sometime, we'll get coffee'

99% of girls wont call you. 1% will, and thats always awesome
>>
>>16931773
Yeah, but how can I find the motivation to do it and not be afraid of people looking strange at me? I have a serious lack of self confidence, I put others needs before mine.
>>
>>16931793

>yeah but how can i find the motivation to do it and not be afraid of people looking strage at me

there are two types of motivation. internal, and external. external, someone else is essentially forcing you to do something. internal, you make yourself do it.

either ask someone to force you to do it (be creative, blackmail, internet passwords, rewards, etc)

or find the motivation to do it yourself

>BUT ANON HOW

by doing it. there is no other way. there is no cheat code.

just know that great things were all done despite anxiety, not because of a lack of it. it is the anxiety that makes the scary movie so fun
>>
>>16931806
thanks
>>
>>16931773
Not OP but this is actually good advice.
>>
>>16931727
smoke crack
>>
>>16931773
>books wont do you much good
>the biggest and greatest tip you will get is to go outside and talk to people

As someone who used to have severe social anxiety, but is now significantly better, this is the best advice you will get.

I tried reading books, going to therapy, hypnosis, medication, etc. None of those things helped much. What helped the most by far was getting a job that forced me to interact with strangers. It sucked at first but it was so worth it.

There is no substitute for the confidence that comes from real life experience.
>>
>>16931768
Good reads
>>
>>16931773
Thank you!
>>
>>16932526
Yes, but don't confuse forced social interaction(job) with you forcing social interaction(go outside lol talk to people lel). Former is completely natural and latter is fucking insane. Believe it or not, normal people don't like to be approached by strangers pestering them with questions. The only people you will meet that way will be the ones you would be better off without anyway.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.