[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you get people to treat you nicer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
How do you get people to treat you nicer?
>>
>>16931253
A) Don't be a dick
B) Don't hang out with dicks.
>>
>>16931262
How do I know if I'm a dick? How do I stop?

My friends are nice to me, it's everyone else who isn't nice.
>>
>>16931274
Then you're a dick.
>>
Be nice to people and they will treat you nicely back.
There are a lot of people in this world that aren't nice though. Those people are hurtful because they were hurt once too. A lot of people do it subconsciously or as a reflex response to something.
Try to look at negative social interactions objectively and go from there.
>>
File: Boy with balloons, India.jpg (155 KB, 990x742) Image search: [Google]
Boy with balloons, India.jpg
155 KB, 990x742
>>16931253
The only way is to find people who aren't assholes. They're hard to find. I can tell you from experience though, you DEFINITELY don't want to exhibit any sort of self-mocking humor. What you may see as good natured humility and not caring what others think, will be carefully and obsessively studied and comitted to either writing or memory. Then at some point when you're in a weak position your "friend" or "friends" will viciously attack you using your own comments and insight as though they were the "friends" own words and observations. Know this and know it well, OP: there is nothing in this world more important to people than appearing clever or witty. N O T H I N G. So, if you're the kind of person who is quiet and decent, you'll make an extremely easy target. It sounds paranoid, but this is what assholes do. It's their greatest pleasure. It's happened to me and I've seen it happen to others. This is just one example of why you have to learn to identify and avoid assholes. Trust me, OP, you don't want to go through what I have.

And others have gone through worse. I used to know a guy who was deeply in love with his girlfriend. Two assholes who knew him made a legit looking card which said that his girlfriend had won a free massage in a contest. Incredibly, his girlfriend was naive enough to actually get scammed by this, and long story short one of them fucked her in every orifice and got her talking about something she didn't like about her boyfriend. Then he fucked her some more. His friend was recording this, and they decided to host a party to which they invited the boyfriend. During the party they showed the video and laughed their asses off. This guy went home and immediately hung himself that same night. I didn't know this guy particularly well, but he was a decent person. These asshole fuckheads are still to this day laughing about it, and his suicide just made it that much funnier. This is absolutely, 100% percent true.... (cont)
>>
>>16931667
I am calling bullshit, but if that is true those people deserve to be in jail for their crimes.
>>
File: 1431150062895.jpg (186 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1431150062895.jpg
186 KB, 1920x1080
My comment was too long, so I had to break off. Anyway, these are extreme cases, but these things have happened in my life. Please be aware, OP, that there are very good people in the world, but there are also poisonous people. You need to kind of test people and try to gauge their viciousness and cruelty. Personally, I've basically given up on people, but I think I've been more unfortunate than most people, as far as dealing with over-the-top assholes, I mean.

I could tell you of many other instances in this vein, but I get very depressed when I think about other people.
>>
File: fawn.jpg (65 KB, 447x698) Image search: [Google]
fawn.jpg
65 KB, 447x698
>>16931678
Every last word of what I said is true, down to the smallest detail.
>>
>>16931698
It's unfortunate, but you really do have to be skeptical about everything in this world. There are many people that cannot be trusted. I am sure these people didn't even serve a single day in jail. I feel like they both should have received at least 5 years in prison for that.
>>
>>16931698
Where did this happen?

Also, this has been stuck in my mind for a while now.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/jan/17/torture-tape-acquittal-abu-dhabi
>>
File: kitten jumping.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
kitten jumping.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
>>16931704
No, nothing happened to them at all. And you know, I honestly don't want to scare OP, but these things have happened in my life, so who's to say they couldn't happen in someone elses? You don't want to lose trust and faith in people to the point you just completely isolate yourself, as I've done, but you have to be careful. People act differently in groups, and people you trust you turn on you. It's overwhelmingly depressing. I don't know of any real solution, though, other than be cautious but not let it hold you back socially or interfere with your life, and just hope for the best.
>>
File: beetle.jpg (178 KB, 900x602) Image search: [Google]
beetle.jpg
178 KB, 900x602
>>16931716
Watsonville, California and Santa Cruz, California in the nineteen eighties.
>>
File: 1440547974241.jpg (251 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1440547974241.jpg
251 KB, 1680x1050
>>16931716
That article, too, is depressing. It's like there are people walking around the Earth who are completely soul-dead. Thanks for the link, anon, but I think I have to be more careful about dwelling over these types of things. I've had my fill.
>>
>>16931745
That's why you can't be thought of as too nice. You need to have a kind side, but also you need to be an asshole when the occasion calls for it. I guess you would be more like a dick that fucks the assholes. Most of them don't know what to do when someone stands up to them because they are used to messing with people that will not stand up for themselves.
>>
>>16931262
This. Always think if you maybe behaved like an asshole, cut contact with assohles, find new people, repeat endlessly.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.