[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Annoying brother
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: process.jpg (8 KB, 271x186) Image search: [Google]
process.jpg
8 KB, 271x186
So my dumb ass of a brother keeps saying that there is no such thing as free will. He says living things are just fucking biological computers, like fuck off. How do I convince him how stupid he sounds?
>>
>>16930666
Start jabbing your knuckles into his ribcage. When he tells you to stop remind him that you're a biological computer and appealing to your free will is pointless.
>>
>>16930666
Why bother? Let him say what he wants and ignore it.
>>
You know that this is actually something people argue in philosophy, right? There's even some neurology studies that seem to imply that we don't make any of our own decisions on a conscious level anyway. (I'm on my phone but you can feel free to google it.).

Your brother is expressing a valid -- and fairly common -- philosophical viewpoint.
>>
>>16930666
Well did you know the most efficient softwares got their speed from modeling how the brain works ? (Perceptron networks)
>>
He's not wrong, OP

...but then again, believing you do make your own choices, might be a great asset to a more fulfilling life, so there's that.

Here's a funny video about the matter. Trigger warning: #reddithumour

http://youtu.be/aMVE0fN_Y4s
>>
>>16930666
if you feel the need to prove him wrong you already lost
>>
>>16930761
OP's brother is right. Doesn't excuse you being a name fag and shit posting on 4chan.

Die in a fire that was always going to happen, as it's existence was predetermined from the big bang.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.