[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self-Defensive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: back.jpg (6 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
6 KB, 251x201
I have taken into account that multiple individuals have stated that I take offense too easily. Obviously, if more than one person has said this to me it is true. One of my problems is realizing that I do this, and coming up with a way to catch myself. I think I know why I do this, but that doesn't matter. What would you say that I do to catch myself? Usually, I notice what I did was a mistake and need to catch myself faster.
>>
Just stop being such an easily mad jew faggot
>>
>>16930591
How do I stop being mad, a jew, and a faggot?
>>
>>16930587
encourage your friends to insult your sissy sensitive ass more often.
>>
>>16930587
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb2mVGE63YU

watch this video. then watch it again. then again another three times. it explains offence in a delightfully eloquent way
>>
>>16930587
This is exactly the sort of thing CDT is for. A couple of sessions with a therapist will help you discover the early signs of losing your temper and blocking it before it happens.

(To take a silly example, suppose the therapist led you to see that just beofe you begin to get offensive your left leg twitches. Then he's teach you to spot the leg beginning to twitch and to pull back from the situation before it got to the point of your becoming offensive.

It's not likely to be a twitchy leg, but there usually are some early signs of you moving toward an explosion, and learning to spot them and pull away then is what CDT is all about.
>>
>>16930596
Stop taking everything so seriously. Learn to laugh at yourself. If someone says something negative towards you, take it lightheartedly. A good example would be if someone says "You take too long to make a choice." A good response would be "Yeah you're probably right." Or "I know! All these choices look good to me."
>>
>>16930587

I'm like that. Not necessarily on small things (like someone on 4chan reaming me) but at important places... job, family. etc... where I really feel I try my hardest to do things right. I get the feeling of "what the fuck? I'm trying the best I can".

The key is to take a step back and think "was that criticism warranted? Could I have done something better?" If you could, learn from it. If not, let it roll off your back.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.