[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend self harms. I thought she was past it already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
My girlfriend self harms.

I thought she was past it already but she's done it again and I just don't know what to do. There are cuts on both her arms and legs.

Advice, please? She suffers from (diagnosed) depression and anxiety. She's not on medication currently but has been in the past.

I've never dealt with this before and frankly I just don't know what to do. I love her very much and day to day struggles I can deal with but this is beyond me.
>>
>>16930586
Criticize something she is good at. Let her prove that she is good at said thing. Keep giving encouragement on that thing. Let her show her "worth"
>>
>>16930589

She doesn't have any hobbies etc aside from reading. I don't know what I could criticise that she could prove in that manner.

I do my best to encourage her and make her aware of her qualities, to give her self worth, but from personal experience I know its something only she can fix. Still, I want nothing more than to help.
>>
>>16930598
What does she read? Oh, you can help. The problem is that you have to make it seem like she is helping herself.
>>
>>16930600

A real mix of both fiction and non fiction, but she's hardly read in the last year. Her studies are all consuming.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.